The information provided below on Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL.
- BA, University of Alabama, 1996
Known political history for Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL.
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, 1978-2010
- Dean of the Senate, Alabama State Senate, present
Known professional history for Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL.
- Director of Development, Northwest Shoals Community College, Muscle Shoals, present
- Experience, Singer
- Former Vice-President, Bank
Known organizational history for Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL.
- Member, Church of Christ, present
- Music Hall of Fame Board, members altered, terms, secretary and treasurer provided for, Sec. 41-9-680 am'd. (2010-20896)
- Income tax refunds approved by Revenue Department, state Controller required to give priority to payment of refund over any other payment
- Restaurants, smoking prohibited in, Secs. 22-15A-3, 22-15A-5, 22-15A-6 am'd.
- Taxation, purchase of real property used as a residence, exempt from privilege or license tax or recording tax pursuant to Chapter 22, Title 40 of Code of Alabama 1975
- Motor vehicles, new passenger vehicle or new truck manufactured within this state, tax rate removed for certain period, Sec. 40-23-2, 40-23-61 am'd.
- Abortions, human embryonic stem cell research, human embryo cloning, euthanasia, or physician-assisted suicide, requirement to perform in private or denominational hospital by employees or physicians, prohibited, civil action for damages or reinstatement of employment
- Legislative record, Secretary of the Senate to establish procedure to record and archive videos of session of Senate
- Alzheimer's Disease Task Force, established to assess the current and future impact of Alzheimer's disease in Alabama, members, duties, Mental Health Department to provide administrative support, report of findings to Governor and Legislature, termination date
- Banking Department, regulation of banks, removal of officers, prohibition of certain persons participating in affairs of a bank, review of applications for change of control, quorum of Banking Board, acquisition of out-of-state banks, Secs. 5-2A-12, 5-3A-6, 5-5A-44, 5-8A-20, 5-8A-24, 5-13B-3, 5-13B-4, 5-13B-5, 5-13B-6 am'd.
- Education certificate, State Superintendent of Education to promptly notify holder of investigation of misconduct and prohibited from taking negative action against holder until all due process exhausted, Sec. 16-23-5 am'd.
- Kinship guardianships, kinship guardianship subsidy program, established, procedures for establishing kinship guardianships and legal authority of kinship guardians, Sec. 12-15-301, 12-15-314, 12-15-315, 38-12-2, 38-12-4 am'd.
- Coroners and deputy coroners, duties, reimbursement of physicians and surgeons, delivery of deceased's possessions to county treasurer, limitations on coroner's investigation, power and authority of peace officer, provision for fees for certain examinations by physicians and surgeons repealed, penalties, Secs. 15-4-2, 15-4-10 am'd.; Sec. 15-4-11 repealed
- Supernumerary ad valorem tax officials, cap on compensation increased, Sec. 40-6-3 am'd.
- National Voting Rights Museum & Institute, exempt from state income tax and state, county, and municipal sales and use tax
- Alabama Coal Mine Safety Law of 1975, state mining laws extensively revised to modernize and supplemented to comply with federal law to enhance mining safety, Secs. 25-9-31, 25-9-32, 25-9-217, 25-9-380, 25-9-400 to 25-9-407, inclusive, added; Secs. 25-9-7, 25-9-9, 25-9-20, 25-9-22, 25-9-24, 25-9-40, 25-9-60, 25-9-61, 25-9-67, 25-9-80, 25-9-81, 25-9-82, 25-9-83, 25-9-86, 25-9-88, 25-9-131, 25-9-132, 25-9-133, 25-9-210, 25-9-216, 25-9-273, 25-9-276, 25-9-277, 25-9-278, 25-9-279, 25-9-280, 25-9-282, 25-9-360, 25-9-361 am'd.; Secs. 25-9-87, 25-9-153 repealed
- Podiatry, practice of, further defined, Sec. 34-24-230 am'd.
- Children, day care providers, leaving child unattended in a motor vehicle unless supervised by person of certain age prohibited, penalties determined by first, second, or subsequent conviction and whether child is injured or fatally injured, Amiyah White Unattended Children in Motor Vehicle Safety Act
- Teachers, principals, and education employees, State Superintendent of Education, revocation of education certificate or termination of employment required for conviction of felony or sex offense involving a child, regarding Teacher Tenure Law, Teacher Accountability Act, and Fair Dismissal Act, Secs. 16-24-8.1, 16-24B-3.1, 36-26-102.1 added; Sec. 16-23-5 am'd.
- Building codes, Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, board membership further provided for, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of energy codes for commercial buildings and residential building codes, implementation by counties and municipalities, certain farm structures excluded, residential sprinkler systems requirements prohibited in certain residences, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd. (2010-20221)
- State Employees' Health Insurance Plan, certain persons serving in legislative, judicial, or executive branch authorized to participate under certain conditions, Sec. 36-29-16 am'd.
- Motor vehicles, distinctive license tags, for out-of-state colleges and universities, distrib. to Education Trust Fund for preventing and lowering rates of high school dropouts, Secs. 32-6-67, 32-6-68 am'd.
- Habitual felony offender, alternative sentences for third felony conviction, mandatory penalty for fourth Class A felony conviction revised under certain circumstances, retroactive review for certain persons, Sec. 13A-5-9 am'd.
- Coroners, dead bodies, autopsies and other post-mortem examinations, storage and transportation to Forensic Sciences Department, coroner responsible under certain conditions, payment by county commission under certain conditions, person or entity requesting to reimburse county commission (2010-20618)
- Motor vehicles, text messaging while operating a motor vehicle on public street, road, or highway prohibited, penalties
- Highways and other roads, Alabama Trust Fund, $100 million transferred annually in 2010 to 2020, inclusive, distrib. of portion after appropriation to Transportation Department, portions earmarked for special projects, distrib. of portion to counties and municipalities for transportation purposes, transfers from Alabama Trust Fund to Municipal Government Capital Improvement Fund and County Government Capital Improvement Fund, const. amend.
- Ethics Law, substantially revised, bribery of public servant, failure to disclose conflict of interest, and trading in public office, penalties increased, soliciting contributions for certain purposes prohibited, lobbyist and thing of value defined, Ethics Commission, members, compensation, online reporting, issuance of subpoenas, representation of clients by legislators limited, contracting with educational institutions limited, fees and reports of registered lobbyists, limitation on certain members of awarding authority, disclosure forms for certain travel, penalties, Secs. 13A-10-61, 13A-10-62, 13A-10-63, 17-5-7, 36-25-1, 36-25-3, 36-25-4, 36-25-10, 36-25-11, 36-25-18, 36-25-19, 36-25-27 am'd.
- Elections, election officers, Legislature by local law authorized to appoint alternate election officers, Sec. 17-8-1 am'd.; Act 2009-638, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Truth in Music Advertising Act, established, false, deceptive, or misleading affiliation between performing group and a recording group, prohibited, penalties
The below links are relevant to Bobby Denton from Muscle Shoals, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Bobby Denton? Do you have an opinion on Bobby Denton? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Bobby Denton.|