- July 30, 1944 74
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 721
- Montgomery, AL 36130-4600
- MA, East Tennessee State University, 1973
- BS, East Tennessee State University, 1967
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 31, 2018
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 31, 1998-present
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, 1974-1994
- Served, Alabama National Guard, 1967-1973
- Educator, Troy University, present
- Employee, Southeast Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, present
- Former Member, Transportation and Energy Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Transportation Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Law Enforcement and Firefighter Service Medal Review Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on State Parks, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Housing Finance Authority Legislative Oversight Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Member, College Avenue Church of Christ, Enterprise, present
Municipal occupational taxes, prohibited if not already in effect unless authorized by local law
Motor vehicles, animals, crime to leave an animal in an unattended motor vehicle, immunity to a public safety official who rescues an animal under certain circumstances, Sec. 13A-11-241 am'd.
Contract Review Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, membership altered to include chairs of House Ways and Means General Fund and Education and Senate Finance and Taxation General Fund and Education Committees, provide further for the length of terms on the committee, Sec. 29-2-40 am'd.
Saltwater fishing licenses, military veterans appreciation saltwater fishing license, authorized, 3-day saltwater fishing event licenses for disabled persons, authorized, Sec. 9-11-56.5 added; Sec. 9-11-53.1 am'd.
Association of Realtors, distinctive license plates, redirect distribution of proceeds of sales from Alabama Children's Trust Fund to the Alabama Realtors Foundation, Sec. 32-6-523 am'd.
Motor vehicles, removal of child or incapacitated person from locked vehicle, immunity under certain conditions
Statewide 911 Board, statewide voice and data system administered, fund grants, annual report published on status of 911 service, Sec. 11-98-4.1 am'd.
County housing authorities, bonds, electronic posting of notices to potential purchasers of bonds, eliminate bids from being advertised for three weeks, Secs. 24-1-71, 24-1-83, 41-4-16 am'd.
Conservation and Natural Resources Dept., provide legislative findings, prohibiting commissioner and Advisory Board of from limiting use of any species of rattlesnake used in certain hosted events by municipalities
Hunting license, disabled person, extending discounted group rate, name change of discounted license to Physically Disabled Sportsman's special three-day event license, Secs. 9-11-49, 9-11-54 am'd.
Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, manufacturer licenses, sale of liquor produced on site for off-premises consumption, amount increased, Sec. 28-3A-6 am'd.
Registrars of voters, paid personal leave day and per diem for official travel granted, office business hours clarified, duties etc., Secs. 17-3-5, 17-3-8, 17-3-11, 17-4-3 am'd.
Brown, Mr. Wallace Lamar and Mrs. Bobby Jean, death mourned
Public Accountancy Board, board composition and powers altered, Secs. 34-1-2, 34-1-3, 34-1-11, 34-1-12 am'd.
Firearm, possession prohibited at certain places including by persons with a valid pistol permit, exception for qualified retired law enforcement officers, Sec. 13A-11-61.2 am'd.
Driver's licenses, drowsy driving, requirement that manual and State Dept. of Edu. driver's education courses include information on dangers
Marion Bailey Brunson, Sr., Memorial Bridge, two new Pea River bridges in Elba, named