Under existing law, the first 85 percent of the proceeds from the gross receipts tax on public utilities is allocated to the Special Mental Health Fund and the remaining 15 percent is allocated to the State General Fund
This bill would provide that the first $25,000,000 of the 15 percent allocated to the State General Fund would be allocated to the Alabama Forestry Commission for the purpose of making grants to the Forest Workforce Training Institute for logger workforce training, and to counties for the construction and maintenance of public rural bridges, and to loggers for the installation of onboard scales and other technologies that promote transportation efficiency
This bill would also provide for exceptions to weight restrictions for qualifying vehicles used in forest commerce
Relating to rural economic development; to establish the Rural Logging Support Act of 2022; to amend Section 40-21-51, Code of Alabama 1975; to allocate a portion of the gross receipts tax on public utilities to the Alabama Forestry Commission for the purpose of making grants to the Forest Workforce Training Institute for logging workforce training, to counties for maintaining and constructing public rural bridges, and to loggers for installing onboard scales and other technologies that promote transportation efficiencies.
|March 9, 2022||H||Read for the first time and referred to the House of Representatives committee on Ways and Means General Fund|
|Bill Text||HB482 Alabama 2022 Session - Introduced|