The information provided below on Ken Guin from Jasper, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Ken Guin from Jasper, AL.
- JD, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 1987
- BA, English, Auburn University, 1984 (GPA: 2.9)
Known political history for Ken Guin from Jasper, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama House of Representatives, District 14, 2010
- Representative, Alabama House of Representatives, 1994-2010
- Chair, Constitution and Election Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, 2001-2005
- Representative, Alabama House of Representatives, 1994-present Majority Leader, Alabama House of Representatives
- Former Majority Leader, Alabama House of Representatives
Known professional history for Ken Guin from Jasper, AL.
- Publisher and Editor, Corridor Messenger, Incorporated, 2007-present
- Attorney, Ken Guin Attorney at Law, Professional Corporation, 1991-present
- Attorney, Hardin, Taber, and Tucker, 1988-1990
- Attorney, Laird and Wiley, 1987-1988
Known congressional history for Ken Guin from Jasper, AL.
- Chair, Childhood Obesity Study Commission, 2008-2009
- Board of Directors, Council of State Governments, 1999-2007
- Member, Alabama Child Foster Care Committee, 2004
- Board Member, Alabama Law Institute, 1999-present
- Board of Directors, State Legislative Leaders Foundation, 1998-present
Known organizational history for Ken Guin from Jasper, AL.
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Southwest District, United Methodist Church, 2006-present
- Member, Advisory Board, Walker Baptist Medical Center, 1999-2004
- Lay Leader, Carbon Hill First United Methodist Church, 1992-present
- Board of Directors, State Legislative Leader Foundation, present
- Board of Directors, Walker Baptist Medical Center, present
- Chair of Trustees, United Methodist Church, Jasper District, present
- Member, Board of Laity, North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Member, Advisory Board, Walker County Extension Council
- Winston Co., ad valorem tax, senior property tax appraisal, taxpayers 65 and older, assessed value of property frozen for principal residences of 10 years or more, const. amend.
- Tuscaloosa Co., ad valorem tax, senior property tax appraisal, taxpayers 65 and older, assessed value of property frozen for principal residences of 10 years or more, const. amend.
- Walker Co., manufactured dwellings which are abandoned or unsafe, county commission authorized to declare a public nuisance under certain conditions, notice and hearing requirements, abatement procedures, civil actions authorized
- Walker Co., county commission, vacancies, filling by special election
- Walker Co., circuit court, court reporters, compensation increased, Act 433, 1973 Reg. Sess. repealed
- Walker Co., board of registrars, appointment of members by judge of probate, sheriff, and circuit clerk, const. amend.
- Walker Co., ad valorem tax, senior property tax appraisal, taxpayers 65 and older, assessed value of property frozen for principal residences of 10 years or more, const. amend.
- Walker Co., supernumerary sheriff program established, qualifications, duties, appointment, elections, compensation, retroactive operation, disability coverage
- Tax delinquent properties, Alabama Land Bank Authority, acquisition of property, definition of tax delinquent property altered, board voting procedures altered, civil immunity for board members, holding certain property to be redeemed for taxes, Act 2009-738, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Secs. 24-9-2, 24-9-4, 24-9-5, 24-9-6, 24-9-7, 24-9-8 am'd.
- Education certificate, State Superintendent of Education to promptly notify holder of investigation of misconduct and prohibited from taking negative action against holder until all due process exhausted, Sec. 16-23-5 am'd.
- Walker Co., occupational tax, levy prohibited, const. amend.
- Human papillomavirus, State Board of Health required to provide information regarding to parents or guardians of sixth grade female students
- Girls and Women in the Criminal Justice System, Commission on, established, composition, duties, compensation, operation, annual report to Governor and Legislature
- Mental Health Department, certain institutions, leasing, transferring, or management by nongovernmental entities, approval by Legislature required, Sec. 22-50-9 am'd.
- Identity theft, penalties increased, statute of limitations removed, Sec. 13A-8-192 am'd.
- Boxing Commission, name changed to Athletic Commission, mixed martial arts, authorized and regulated, definitions, commission authorized to employ executive director, penalties, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Act, Act 2009-622, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Secs. 41-9-1020, 41-9-1021, 41-9-1023, 41-9-1024, 41-9-1028, 41-9-1029, 41-9-1030, 41-9-1032, 41-9-1033, 41-9-1034, 41-9-1035, 41-9-1036, 41-9-1037, 41-9-1038, 41-9-1039, 41-9-1040 am'd.
- Drug courts, presiding judge of judicial circuit with consent of district attorney authorized to establish, drug offenders, screening, treatment, support services, and drug testing, referrals to certain programs for treatment, Administrative Office of Courts required to assist in planning, developing, and implementing of drug courts, Drug Offender Accountability Act
- Appropriations, supplemental appropriation for fiscal year ending September 30, 2010, to Walker County School System for Oakman Elementary School and to Lee County School System for Wacoochee Junior High School
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Person convicted of facilitating solicitation of unlawful sexual conduct with a child, electronic solicitation of child, or facilitating the online solicitation of a child, property subject to forfeiture
- Schools, public and private, physical education program, requirements specified, Sec. 16-40-1 am'd.
- State income tax, federal deduction limited for individual taxpayers, state sales tax on food removed, Amendment 225 (Section 211.04, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), repealed, const. amend.
The below links are relevant to Ken Guin from Jasper, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Ken Guin? Do you have an opinion on Ken Guin? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Ken Guin.|