Known contact information for Sam Jones from Mobile, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 540-C
- Montgomery, AL 36104
- Official Email: email@example.com
Known educational history for Sam Jones from Mobile, AL.
- Attended, Jacksonville University
- Attended, Florida Community College at Jacksonville
Known political history for Sam Jones from Mobile, AL.
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 99, 2018-present
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 99, 2018
- Mayor, City of Mobile, 2005-2013
- Former Commissioner, Mobile County Commission
Known professional history for Sam Jones from Mobile, AL.
- Former Employee, Head Start Program
- Former Employee, Mobile's Anti-Poverty Agency
- Former Executive Director, Mobile Community Action Committee
- Served, United States Navy
Known organizational history for Sam Jones from Mobile, AL.
- 1998 Campaign Chair, United Way of Southwest Alabama
- Chair, Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Chair, South Alabama Regional Planning Commission
- Former Judge, Alabama Court of the Judiciary
- Founder, Mobile County Community Development Partnership
- Founder, Prichard Federal Credit Union
- Member, Mobile Area Chambers of Commerce Board
- Member, Alabama Port Authority Board
- Member, Volunteers of America Board
- Member, National Association of Counties Board
- Member, University of South Alabama Board of Trustees
- Member, Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission
- Member, Alabama Sentencing Commission
- Pardons and paroles, parole dates for prisoners serving consecutive sentences, certain regulations removed, Sec. 15-22-28 am'd.
- Monuments, Alabama Memorial Preservation Act of 2017, a county or municipality authorize to remove any monument located on public property for less than 50 years, a waiver required from Committee on Alabama Monument Protection before monument can be removed that has been situated for 50 years of more, Sec. 41-9-230 repealed; Secs. 41-9-231 to 41-9-237, inclusive, am'd.
- Legislature, to call itself into a special session under certain conditions authorized, const. amend.
- Ad valorem tax on real property, senior property tax appraisal for persons age 70 or older on principal residence used for 10 years, appraisal value frozen on immediate prior year, exceptions, rules by Revenue Dept.
- Class 2 municipalities, Africatown Redevlopment Corp., established, board of directors, powers, duties of corp.
- State sales and use tax increased, phase-in period, sales and use tax on food phased out, exempt by 2007, counties and municipalities prohibited from increasing sales tax on food, Secs. 40-23-2, 40-23-61 am'd.
- Voting, automatic voter registration, process established
- Voter registration, authorize registration same day as election, Sec. 17-3-50 am'd.
- Medicaid, expand program to provide assistane to state residents, provide appropriations for adequate funding
- Medicaid, extend postpartum coverage for eligible pregnant women to one year after birth
- Election ballots, straight political party ballots prohibited, constitutional amendment ballot measure, contents may not mislead description of, Secs. 17-6-36, 17-6-37. 17-6-38, 17-6-39 repealed; Secs. 17-6-35, 17-6-41, 17-7-21 am'd.
- Solid waste collection and disposal, contracts for, competitive bid laws revised, Secs. 22-27-5, 41-16-57 am'd.
- State employees, cost-of-living increase for fiscal year beginning October 1, 2020.
- Electronic poll books, provide further for the use of and provide for reimbursement of costs relating to acquisition and use of electronic poll books, Secs. 17-4-2.1, 17-16-2 am'd.
|Alabama Bill Aims To End Straight Party Voting||02/15/2021|
|Alabama Democrats Announce Town Halls Across State This Month||02/11/2019|