The information provided below on William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL.
- BS, Troy State University, 1964
Known political history for William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama House of Representatives, District 16, 2010
Known professional history for William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL.
- Owner, Thigpen Ford Mercury, 1994-2002
- Major, Alabama Air Reserve and National Guard, 1958-1986
- Owner, Thigpen DORIC Vaults, 1982-1984
- Owner, Fayette Sportswear, 1972-1982
- Insurance Agent, Thigpen Insurance, present
Known congressional history for William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL.
- Member, State Water Board
Known organizational history for William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL.
- Co-Founder, L.E.A.F. Program
- Director, Western Athletic Conference Basketball Tournament
- Experience, The Energy Council
- Experience, Southern States Energy Board
- Former President, Fayette County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, First Baptist Church of Fayette
- Motor carriers, federal Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005, responsibility for administration transferred from Public Service Commission to Revenue Department, distrib. of net fees to Public Safety Department, Sec. 37-3-32.1 amended and renumbered as Sec. 40-12-435
- Chattahoochee River, landfills and junkyards prohibited within certain distance of river
- Life settlement contracts, providers, licensure and regulation, enforcement by Commissioner of Insurance Department, criminal and civil penalties, Life Settlements Act
- Fayette Co., court costs, drug enforcement fees, specified fees provided for, distrib. to clerk of the court and district attorney's drug enforcement fund, Legislature authorized to provide for additional court costs and distribution, const. amend.
- Lamar Co., court costs, drug enforcement fee, Legislature authorized to provide by local law, distrib. to clerk of the court and drug enforcement fund, const. amend.
- Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, over-the-counter products, sales further regulated, on-line electronic verification system operated by Criminal Justice Information Center, penalties, Drug Abuse Task Force, established, members, Sec. 20-2-190 am'd.; Act 2009-283, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Mental Health Department, certain institutions, leasing, transferring, or management by nongovernmental entities, approval by Legislature required, Sec. 22-50-9 am'd.
- Boxing Commission, name changed to Athletic Commission, mixed martial arts, authorized and regulated, definitions, commission authorized to employ executive director, penalties, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Act, Act 2009-622, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Secs. 41-9-1020, 41-9-1021, 41-9-1023, 41-9-1024, 41-9-1028, 41-9-1029, 41-9-1030, 41-9-1032, 41-9-1033, 41-9-1034, 41-9-1035, 41-9-1036, 41-9-1037, 41-9-1038, 41-9-1039, 41-9-1040 am'd.
- Motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, fuel surcharges of, certain fuel cost disclosures and fuel cost reimbursements required, false or misleading information prohibited, certain information regarding timber and timber products required, Trust in Reliable Understanding of Consumer Costs Act or the TRUCC Act
- Municipalities, municipal courts, court costs for jails, distrib. for municipal jails, Sec. 11-47-7.1 am'd.
- Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine, State Board of Health required to classify as controlled substances, exemptions, removed from list of precursor chemicals maintained by State Board of Pharmacy, Secs. 20-2-20, 20-2-181 am'd.
- Obscene material involving children, disseminate further defined, material that constitutes possession of visual obscene matter further provided for, Secs. 13A-12-190, 13A-12-192 am'd.
- Class action lawsuits filed in Alabama, plan for undistributed funds to be distributed to Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Department if class members cannot be located, or if distribution to class is not economically feasible, or if class members do not make a claim to the class funds
- State property, time period for state to repurchase land sold by state to certain entities if later sold to private person or entities, decreased, municipal commercial development authorities exempt from procedures regarding sale or transfer of state property, retroactive effect, Sec. 9-15-82 am'd.
- Emergency management, Governor and local emergency management agencies, mutual aid agreements with federally recognized Indian tribes, authorized, Secs. 31-9-6, 31-9-9 am'd.
- Housing Finance Authority, authorized to service loans that are not secured by eligible housing units, Secs. 24-1A-2, 24-1A-5 am'd.
- Coroners, dead bodies, autopsies, storage and transportation to Forensic Sciences Department, coroner responsible under certain conditions, person or entity requesting to reimburse county commission, county fund provided for
- Alabama G.I. and Dependents' Educational Benefit Act, children of certain disabled veterans eligible for education benefits for certain time period, retroactive effect, Sec. 31-6-6 am'd.; Act 2009-559, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Motor vehicles, used motor vehicle dealer or motor vehicle wholesaler, licensure and regulation, additional training required for new applicants, Revenue Department to enforce, Secs. 40-12-390, 40-12-391 am'd.
- Motor vehicles, accident response service fee imposed by law enforcement officer or agency on or from insurance company or driver or owner of motor vehicle, prohibited
- Mortgages, active duty military who die while deployed overseas, foreclosure proceedings against surviving spouse or estate prohibited under certain conditions, Military Family Relief Fund established
- Eagles' Wings, Inc., exempt from state, county, and municipal sales and use tax
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Surplus line insurance, foreign and alien insurers, requirement for transacting insurance for minimum of five years in its state or country of domicile, exception under certain conditions, Sec. 27-10-26 am'd.
- Water and sewer services, municipal corporation boards of directors, and municipal and county boards of directors of water, sewer, and fire protection authorities, compensation increased, Prichard excepted, Secs. 11-50-15, 11-50-313, 11-88-6 am'd.
- Motor vehicles, new and used vehicles clarified, titles, fees for certain records further provided for, exemption from titling of vehicles authorized, inspections, alternative method of lien release authorized when lienholder no longer in business, Secs. 32-8-2, 32-8-6, 32-8-31, 32-8-32, 32-8-36, 32-8-64 am'd.
- State income tax, federal deduction limited for individual taxpayers, state sales tax on food removed, Amendment 225 (Section 211.04, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), repealed, const. amend.
The below links are relevant to William E. Thigpen from Fayette, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you William E. Thigpen? Do you have an opinion on William E. Thigpen? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on William E. Thigpen.|