The information provided below on David Grimes from Montgomery, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for David Grimes from Montgomery, AL.
- BS, Troy State University, 1974
Known political history for David Grimes from Montgomery, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 77, 2014
- Candidate, Alabama House of Representatives, District 73, 2010
Known professional history for David Grimes from Montgomery, AL.
- Registered Representative, Princor Financial Corporation
Known organizational history for David Grimes from Montgomery, AL.
- Deacon, Trinity Presbyterian Church, present
- Member, Lifeline Children's Services Incorporated Board, 2001-present
- Member, Montgomery Rotary Club, 1995-present
- Member, Young Men's Christian Association Camp Chandler Board, 1978-present
- Member, Montgomery Lions Club, 1978-present
- Board Member/President, Garden District Homeowners Association and Colverdale Homeowners Association
David Grimes from Montgomery, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
- Health care, persons, employers, or health care providers, mandatory participation in any health care system prohibited, const. amend.
- Gangs, criminal street gang defined, membership prohibited, graffiti prohibited, murder as part of street gang activity made a capital offense, Street Gang Act, Sec. 13A-5-49 am'd.; Sec. 13A-6-26 repealed
- Ad valorem tax, certain personal property used in a business exempt, Section 217 (Section 217, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), am'd., const. amend.
- Unemployment compensation, limit findings of fact, conclusions of law, Sec. 25-4-98 added
- Montgomery Co., Montgomery Industrial Development Board, two additional members appointed by county commission
- Montgomery Co., airport authority of City of Montgomery, two additional members appointed by county commission
- Businesses or public employers, reguired to verify legal status of new employees through federal E-verify program, penalties
- Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, Inc., exempt from state, county, and municipal sales and use tax
- Homeowners insurance, homeowner policyholders provided certain information and rights regarding homeowners policies, violations under Unfair Trade Practices Act, Homeowners Bill of Rights Act
- Courts, municipal, court costs, levy of additional equal to district court, deposit in Corrections Fund, use for purchase of land and equipment, retroactive effect, Sec. 11-47-7.1 am'd.
- Higher education, employees prohibited from receiving incentives from publishers, posting of required textbook lists, cost of textbooks limited, College Textbook Review Board established, members, duties
- Motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, fuel surcharges of, certain fuel cost disclosures and fuel cost reimbursements required, false or misleading information prohibited, certain information regarding timber and timber products required, Trust in Reliable Understanding of Consumer Costs Act or the TRUCC Act
- Municipalities, municipal courts, court costs for jails, distrib. for municipal jails, Sec. 11-47-7.1 am'd.
- Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine, State Board of Health required to classify as controlled substances, exemptions, removed from list of precursor chemicals maintained by State Board of Pharmacy, Secs. 20-2-20, 20-2-181 am'd.
- Aliens, illegal, forfeiture of property acquired while illegal alien, procedures, exceptions
- Motor vehicles, driving without license or insurance or proof of legal entry into the United States, motor vehicle may be impounded, Secs. 32-6-18, 32-7A-4 am'd.
- Montgomery, alcoholic beverages, city council authorized to establish one entertainment district as defined, consumption authorized anywhere within district under certain conditions
- Class action lawsuits filed in Alabama, plan for undistributed funds to be distributed to Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Department if class members cannot be located, or if distribution to class is not economically feasible, or if class members do not make a claim to the class funds
- State Employees' Health Insurance Plan, certain persons serving in legislative, judicial, or executive branch authorized to participate under certain conditions, Sec. 36-29-16 am'd.
- Motor vehicles, traffic offenses, arrest at the scene of a traffic accident based on probable cause when officer did not witness the offense, Sec. 32-1-4.1 added
- Children, dependency cases, testimony of child regarding sexual contact, admissible whether or not brought by Human Resources Department, Sec. 12-15-310 am'd.
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Elections, photo identification required, Public Safety Department required to issue identification cards to persons without photo identification, Sec. 17-9-30 am'd.
- State of Alabama, counties and municipalities prohibited from issuing business licenses without proof of citizenship or legal status in United States
- Occupational tax, levy by county or municipality, prohibited, const. amend.
- Greenhouse gas emissions, state agency prohibited from adopting or enforcing a state or regional program to limit or regulate motor vehicle fuel economy or from implementing a cap and trade program without legislative authorization
- Income tax, employer's deduction for health insurance premiums, compensation paid to qualifying employees for calculation of employer's deduction further provided for, Sec. 40-18-15.3 am'd.
- Domestic violence by choking, crime of established, penalties
- Teachers and other certified educational employees and student teachers, professional liability insurance, Education Department and Finance Department to purchase or provide, Teacher Protection Act
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program Advisory Task Force, established, members, duties
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program, separate board of directors, members, duties, Sec. 16-33C-4.1 added; Secs. 16-33C-3, 16-33C-4, 16-33C-5, 16-33C-6, 16-33C-7, 16-33C-8, 16-33C-10, 16-33C-11, 16-33C-12 am'd.
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program, contracts, Legislative intent regarding expressed, each contract in force on effective date of this act to be honored regardless of date issued
- Montgomery Co., Elmore Co., Autauga Co., occupational tax, levy prohibited, const. amend.
- Motor vehicles, text messaging or operating a handheld global positioning system (GPS) while operating a motor vehicle on public street, road, or highway prohibited, penalties
The below links are relevant to David Grimes from Montgomery, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you David Grimes? Do you have an opinion on David Grimes? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on David Grimes.|