The information provided below on Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL.
- AA, Alabama State University
- BS, Alabama State University
- MA, Alabama State University
Known political history for Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 56, 2014
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 56, 1994-1998, 2009-2014
- Won Special Election, Experience, Alabama State House of Representatives, November 10, 2009
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 56, 1998, 2002, 2006
Known professional history for Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL.
- Founder, McAdory Vault Company
- School Principal/Attendance Supervisor/Science Teacher, Bessemer City Schools, retired
- Served, United States Armed Forces
Known congressional history for Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL.
- Former Member, Subcommittee on Regulations (Insurance), Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Insurance Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
Known organizational history for Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL.
- Deacon/Chair, Scholarship and Building Project, Jerusalem Baptist Church-Bessemer
- Life Member, National Education Association
- Member, National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Member, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
- Member, Alabama State University Alumni
- Member, Alabama Retired Teachers Association
- Member, Alabama Education Association
- President, Bessemer Voters League
Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
- Tax exemption, Southern Research Institute exempt from certain tax
- Election, Class 1 municipalities, election commission required to schedule an election to fill vacancy on city council under certain circumstances, Sec. 11-46-9 am'd.
- Jefferson Co., water and sewer systems, collection of sewer service charges, Act 616, 1953 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Act 886, 1961 Reg. Sess. repealed
- Class 1 municipalities, municial elections, assignment of voting locations in new precincts, limit of one voting location per district in municipal and city board of education elections, Sec. 11-46-7 am'd.
- Birmingham, City of, court cost, prosecutor's fee in municipal cases in lieu of any other solicitor or prosecutor's fee, distribution to general fund
- Sex Offenders, registration and community notification, technical revisions and citations update various sections, petition for relief from employment, residency living restriction, civil division of circuit courts, absconding without registering, penalty, Secs. 12-15-107, 12-15-116, 13A-5-2, 13A-5-6, 14-9-41, 15-18-8, 15-19-7, 15-20A-4 to 15-20A-7, incl., 15-20A-9, 15-20A-11, 15-20A-14, 15-20A-16, 15-20A-18, 15-20A-21 to 15-20A-26, incl., 15-20A-28, 15-20A-29, 15-20A-32, 15-20A-34, 15-20A-35, 15-20A-37, 15-20A-39, 15-20A-40, 15-20A-43, 15-20A-45, 15-20A-46, 15-22-27.3, 32-6-49.24, 36-18-24, 36-18-25, 38-13-2, 38-13-4
- State employee benefits, employee to receive summary of annually
- Elections, Legislative office, costs and expenses incurred for filling vacancies, Section 46 (Section 46, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended) am'd., const. amend.
- Scottsboro Boys Museum and Cultural Center, approp.
- Grandparents, visitation with grandchildren, petition procedure and burden of proof established, Sec. 30-3-4.1 repealed
- Wages, establish the Alabama Minimum Wage Act, to set the state minimum wage, provide for a cost of living increase, const. amend.
- Jefferson Co., co. commission, continuing authority to set sewer rates
- Jefferson Co., Indigent Health Care Fund, accounting of proceeds to Jefferson Co., Legislative Delegation, penalties
- Public employees, to receive annual summary of benefits received from employer
- Jefferson Co.,municipal judges and magistrates for municipal courts authorized to issue warrant recall fee for failure to appear for municipal ordinance or traffic violation, distrib. to municipal corrections fund
- Civil actions, attorney fees and costs awarded to prevailing party
- Local Control School Flexibility Act of 2013, provides for creation of innovative K-12 schools, flexibility contracts between local boards of education and the State Board of Education, and authorize State Board of Education to promulgate rules, Act 2013-64, 2013 Reg. Sess., repealed
- Veterans, permanently and totally disabled, state income tax, credit for sales tax paid up to a certain amount
- Class 1 municipalities, (Birmingham), fiscal year city council authorized October 1, to move start date to deadlines for submission of budget proposal and adoption of general fund budget, budget hearing, publication of notice of meeting, Act 452, 1955 Reg. Sess.; Act 792, 1973 Reg. Sess., am'd.
- Accountability Act of 2013, proposed by HB 84, 2013 Reg. Sess., Act 2013-__, 2013 Reg. Sess., repealed
- Hunting licenses, disabled veterans, military appreciation hunting license, three day trip event hunting license authorized, Secs. 9-11-44, 9-11-49 am'd.
- Deferred presentment services, define principal balance, common database, limits on interest that can be charged, violations, Secs. 5-18A-2, 5-18A-12, 5-18A-13, 5-18A-16 am'd.
- Title loan business, regulation and licensure, charges, fines, penalties, Alabama Title Pledge Act
- Retirement, DROP reestablished, exceptions, Secs. 16-25-150, 36-27-170 am'd.
- Jefferson Co., Birmingham-Jefferson Co. Civic Center Authority, board of directors, procedures and terms for appointments by legislative delegation, Act 87-741, 1987 Reg. Sess., am'd.
- Pardons and Paroles Board, Scottsboro Boys Act, posthumous pardons for certain convictions prior to 1932
- State income tax, federal deduction limited for individual taxpayers, state sales tax on food removed, Amendment 225 (Section 211.04, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), repealed, const. amend.
- Income tax, tax credit for rehabilitation, preservation, and development of certain historic structures
- Education Trust Fund (ETF), transfer of certain funds to State General Fund and to provide for repayment to the ETF, Sec. 29-9-2, 29-9-3 am'd
- Self Defense, person who actively pursues an aggressor after the initial confrontation is not justified in using physical force in self defense or in defense of another, Sec.13A-3-23 am'd
- Health care, licensed physician or health care provider, allowed to refuse to perform unnecessary medical services or services that could harm patient, Right to Professional Medical Judgment Act
- Jefferson County, motor vehicle license plates, renewal, cities authorized to renew, bonding, audits
- Conservation and Natural Resources Department, Advisory Board, appointment of two additional members who are commercial fisherman, nominated by Organized Seafood Association of Alabama, Inc., Sec. 9-2-14 am'd.
- Transportation Dept, chief engineer, appointment by Director of Transportation as an exempt position under the state Merit System, Sec. 23-1-22, 23-1-23, 23-1-24 am'd
- Health benefit plans, group insurance, coverage of autism spectrum disorder to age 18 under certain conditions, Secs. 10A-20-6.16, 27-21A-23 am'd
- Secondary metals recycler, additional records to be maintained, purchases of specified metal property limited, registration with ACJIC, required, database of metal property sales created, criminal penalties, purchase of specified metal property prohibited, Secs. 13A-8-30 to 13A-8-37, inclusive, 13A-8-39 am'd; Secs. 13A-8-31.1, 13A-8-31.2, 13A-8-35.1, 13A-8-37.1, 13A-8-37.2 added
- Jefferson Co., tax on sale of personal property, distrib. to county general fund, exceptions, Act 405, 1967 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Dental Examiners of Alabama, Board of, dentists and dental hygienists, regulation and licensure, substantially revised, Sec. 34-9-7.2 added; Secs. 34-9-2, 34-9-3, 34-9-5, 34-9-6, 34-9-6.1, 34-9-7, 34-9-8, 34-9-9, 34-9-10, 34-9-13, 34-9-15, 34-9-15.1, 34-9-16, 34-9-18, 34-9-20, 34-9-21, 34-9-22, 34-9-24, 34-9-26, 34-9-27, 34-9-28, 34-9-40, 34-9-41, 34-9-43, 34-9-44, 34-9-60, 34-9-63, 34-9-82, 34-9-89 am'd. (2011-20608)
- Equal Pay Remedies and Enforcement Act, established, legislative findings regarding wage differentials between minorities and nonminorities and males and females, Equal Pay Commission established, members, duties, powers, report to Governor and Legislature
- Income tax credit authorized for employers creating jobs, under certain conditions, Full Employment Act, Secs. 40-18-270, 40-18-271, 40-18-272 repealed; Act 2010-557, 2010 Reg. Sess. repealed
- Agricultural tourist attractions, to be defined by rule and approved by Agriculture and Industries Department, application and renewal fees, directional signs under certain conditions (2011-20698)
- Coal, excise and privilege tax, termination date extended, tax proceeds further distributed, Sec. 40-13-6, 40-13-8 am'd. (2011-20623)
- Transportation Department, Good Faith Effort Committee, members subject to diversity, annual report to Legislature
- Birmingham, board of education, members, when assume office, Lewis Spratt Act amended, Act 2001-224, 2001 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Birmingham, city elections, qualifying deadline for candidates extended, Act 452, 1955 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Birmingham, city council, members to take office and first meeting of newly elected council to be on fourth Tuesday in October of year of election, Act 452, 1955 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Alabama Teacher Recruitment Incentive Program (ATRIP), Commission on Higher Education to provide for leave from program for humanitarian religious trip, retroactive effect
- Jefferson Co., bonds and other debt issued by county and certain swap agreements, notice, public records, requirements, competitive bids on swap agreements
- Fairfield, bingo, authorized for certain charitable or educational purposes, const. amend.
- Jefferson Co., bingo, authorized for certain charitable or educational purposes, regulation by sheriff, penalties, Amendment 386 (Section 2, Jefferson County, Local Amendments, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), repealed, const. amend.
- Jefferson Co., automobile rental tax, operative date of tax immediately, Act 2001-550, 2001 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Capital offenses, sentencing, reduction of sentence for first-time felony offender from life without possibility of parole to life with possibility of parole, under certain conditions, retroactive effect, Sec. 13A-5-57.1 added
- Jefferson Co., criminal sex offenders, only one adult or juvenile sex offender may reside in a residence, only one adult may reside in an apartment complex under certain conditions, civil penalties, exceptions
- Identity theft, penalties increased, statute of limitations removed, Sec. 13A-8-192 am'd.
- Municipalities, municipal courts, court costs for jails, distrib. for municipal jails, Sec. 11-47-7.1 am'd.
- Assault in the second degree, utility workers included as a protected class, utility worker defined, Sec. 13A-6-21 am'd.; Act 2009-586, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Jefferson Co., sewer system, county commission to notify owners of property of delinquent sewer bill within 90 days, failure to notify makes bill uncollectible, const. amend.
- Death penalty, moratorium on imposition and execution not to exceed three years, procedure for administering
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Campaign contributions and expenditures, Secretary of State required to maintain electronic database searchable by the public
- Principal campaign committees and political action committees, contributions and expenditures, reporting to Secretary of State, periodic full disclosures of sources and amounts of contributions, frequency of reporting of contributions Sec. 17-5-8 am'd.
- Campaign contributions, PAC to PAC transfers, prohibited, Sec. 17-5-15 am'd.
- Elections, printed material, publication, distribution, or display of information relating to, disclosure of responsible person or entity, required, disclosure to include information by telephone, television, radio, Internet, or other electronic mass-media advertisement, Sec. 17-5-13 am'd.
- Electioneering communications and paid political advertising, disclosure of source of funding required, exceptions, contributions by political committees further provided for, Secs. 17-5-2, 17-5-8, 17-5-12 am'd.
The below links are relevant to Lawrence McAdory from Bessemer, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Lawrence McAdory? Do you have an opinion on Lawrence McAdory? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Lawrence McAdory.|