The information provided below on Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL.
- JD, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, 2005
- BS, History, Troy State University, 2000
Known political history for Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama House of Representatives, District 86, 2010
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, 2006-2010
- District Judge
Known congressional history for Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL.
- Member, Alabama Republican Party State Executive Committee
Known organizational history for Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL.
- Member, Alabama Cattlemen's Association, 2006-present
- Member, National Rifle Association, 2006-present
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association, 2006-present
- Member, Alabama Farmers Federation, 1996-present
- Executive Member, Boy Scouts of America, present
- Experience, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Member, Houston County Bar Association, present
- Member, Florida Bar Association, present
- Member, Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce, present
- Member, American Agricultural Law Association, present
- Federal cap and trade regulations, goods produced and distributed only in Alabama (intrastate), exempt from cap and trade regulations
- Health care, persons, employers, or health care providers, mandatory participation in any health care system prohibited, const. amend.
- Gangs, criminal street gang defined, membership prohibited, graffiti prohibited, murder as part of street gang activity made a capital offense, Street Gang Act, Sec. 13A-5-49 am'd.; Sec. 13A-6-26 repealed
- Corrections Department, certain employees who work inside a security fence under certain conditions, compensation increased
- Alabama Teacher Recruitment Incentive Program (ATRIP), Commission on Higher Education to provide for leave from program for humanitarian religious trip, retroactive effect
- Motor carriers, federal Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005, responsibility for administration transferred from Public Service Commission to Revenue Department, distrib. of net fees to Public Safety Department, Sec. 37-3-32.1 amended and renumbered as Sec. 40-12-435
- Businesses or public employers, reguired to verify legal status of new employees through federal E-verify program, penalties
- Elections, person who is convicted of certain election offense prohibited from serving in certain capacities
- Motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, fuel surcharges of, certain fuel cost disclosures and fuel cost reimbursements required, false or misleading information prohibited, certain information regarding timber and timber products required, Trust in Reliable Understanding of Consumer Costs Act or the TRUCC Act
- Sex offenses, school officials or foster parents, sexual conduct with child 16 to 18 years of age, prohibited, consent of child not a defense, penalties, Secs. 13A-6-60, 13A-6-61, 13A-6-64, 13A-6-66 am'd.
- Sex offenses, person in position of authority, defined, sexual conduct with child 16 to 18 years of age, prohibited, consent of child not a defense, penalties, Secs. 13A-6-60, 13A-6-61, 13A-6-64, 13A-6-66 am'd.
- Mortgages, active duty military who die while deployed overseas, foreclosure proceedings against surviving spouse or estate prohibited under certain conditions, Military Family Relief Fund established
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Greenhouse gas emissions, state agency prohibited from adopting or enforcing a state or regional program to limit or regulate motor vehicle fuel economy or from implementing a cap and trade program without legislative authorization
- Income tax, employer's deduction for health insurance premiums, compensation paid to qualifying employees for calculation of employer's deduction further provided for, Sec. 40-18-15.3 am'd.
The below links are relevant to Benjamin H. Lewis from Dothan, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Benjamin H. Lewis? Do you have an opinion on Benjamin H. Lewis? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Benjamin H. Lewis.|