The information provided below on Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL.
- Attended, Alabama Banker's Seminars
- Attended, Lincoln Graduate Center, Snead State
Known political history for Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL.
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, 1998-2012
Known professional history for Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL.
- Real Estate Evaluator, Colonial Bank and SHY, East Central Division, present
Known congressional history for Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL.
- Member, Farmers' Home Administration Loan Committee, Blount County
Known organizational history for Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL.
- Member, Saint Clair County Board of Realtors
- Member, First Baptist Church of Oneonta
- Member, Gideons
- Member, Blount County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Alabama Realtors' Association
- Blount Co., court costs, Legislature authorized to alter, distribution, Amendment 344 (Section 2, Local Amendments, Blount County, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), am'd., const. amend.
- Blount County, tobacco tax, penalties for failure to collect tax, Sec. 45-5-244 am'd
- Blount Co., sheriff, expense allowance authorized by county commission
- Housing Authorities, bonds, interest on bonds to be paid according to terms of resolution or its trust indenture or mortgage, bonds sold as determined by authority, 10 days notice required for public sale, Sec. 24-1-32 am'd
- Solid waste landfill, permits, prohibition against issuance by Alabama Department of Environmental Management and local governments of new permits pursuant to Act 2011-297 extended until after May 31, 2014, Act 2011-297, 2011 Reg. Sess., am'd; Sec. 22-27-5.2 am'd
- Jefferson County, motor vehicle license plates, renewal, cities authorized to renew, bonding, audits
- Food establishments, Health Department inspection reports, posting visable to customers inside and at drive-thru location required
- Motor vehicles, distinctive tags, veterans, motorcycle available at same cost as car tag of same designation
- Crimes and offenses, gambling, person defined, penalties, Secs. 13A-12-20, 13A-12-22, 13A-12-23, 13A-12-24, 13A-12-27 am'd
- Severance tax on sand, gravel, etc., Revenue Department to provide county commissions with information regarding levy, collection, and distribution, audits authorized, civil penalties, counties authorized to collect, Secs. 40-13-51, 40-13-53, 40-13-54, 40-13-55, 40-13-56, 40-13-57, 40-13-58 am'd
- Disorderly conduct, definition revised, carrying a pistol in a vehicle without a pistol permit, authorized, discretion of sheriff in concealed pistol licensing eliminated under certain conditions, certain provisions of concealed pistol licensing revised, Secs. 13A-11-7, 13A-11-73, 13A-11-74, 13A-11-75 am'd.; Secs. 13A-11-52, 13A-11-59 repealed
- Ad valorem tax, Class II and Class III property, reappraisal every four years, Sec. 40-7-60 am'd.
- Vital statistics, stillborn child, parent listed on report of fetal death authorized to request Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth from State Registrar, procedures for issuance, State Board of Health to administer
- Health care providers, physicians, etc., requiring disclosure regarding firearm ownership, prohibited, medical record inclusion of firearm information or disclosure of information about firearm ownership, prohibited, civil penalties, exceptions
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program, limit on cost of tuition for certain PACT plan contract participants, repealed, Act 2010-725, 2010 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Secs. 16-33C-17, 16-33C-18 repealed
- Dental Examiners of Alabama, Board of, dentists and dental hygienists, regulation and licensure, substantially revised, Sec. 34-9-7.2 added; Secs. 34-9-2, 34-9-3, 34-9-5, 34-9-6, 34-9-6.1, 34-9-7, 34-9-8, 34-9-9, 34-9-10, 34-9-13, 34-9-15, 34-9-15.1, 34-9-16, 34-9-18, 34-9-20, 34-9-21, 34-9-22, 34-9-24, 34-9-26, 34-9-27, 34-9-28, 34-9-40, 34-9-41, 34-9-43, 34-9-44, 34-9-60, 34-9-63, 34-9-82, 34-9-89 am'd. (2011-20608)
- Firearms, soliciting or encouraging a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition if the person knows the transfer violates state and federal law and providing false information to dealer or seller of firearms or ammunition with intent to deceive, crimes established, exceptions, penalties
- Firearms, seized by law enforcement agency, disposal at auction to certain persons, proceeds for law enforcement purposes (2011-20970)
- Persons, defined to include all humans from moment of fertilization, const. amend.
- Persons, defined to include all humans from moment of fertilization
- County commission, county solid waste disposal service, volunteer fire department exempt from fees, Sec. 22-27-3 am'd.
- Equal Pay Remedies and Enforcement Act, established, legislative findings regarding wage differentials between minorities and nonminorities and males and females, Equal Pay Commission established, members, duties, powers, report to Governor and Legislature
- Motor vehicles, driving under the influence, penalties to include mandatory use of ignition interlock device under certain conditions, Forensic Sciences Department to approve devices, Public Safety Department to issue restricted driver's license, fee, provisions for indigent defendants, Sec. 32-5A-191.4 added; Sec. 32-5A-191 am'd.
- Transportation Department, required to design more complete public roads that enable safe access for all users, report of best practices utilized, required, Sec. 23-1-40.1 added
- Ad valorem tax, Class II and Class III property, reappraisal every four years, Sec. 40-7-60 am'd.
- Elevator Safety Review Board, administration by Labor Department, funds, use for operation of Labor Department, Sec. 25-13-6 am'd.; Act 2010-597, 2010 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Income tax credit authorized for employers creating jobs, under certain conditions, Full Employment Act, Secs. 40-18-270, 40-18-271, 40-18-272 repealed; Act 2010-557, 2010 Reg. Sess. repealed
- Motor vehicles, low speed vehicles and mini trucks, licensure, restrictions, safety equipment title not required, Sec. 32-6-59 added; Secs. 32-8-31, 40-12-240 am'd.
- Political campaigns, use of digitally altered pictures in negative way, prohibited, Sec. 17-5-16 am'd.
- Polling places, proximity of persons to door of building, distance increased, Sec. 17-9-50 am'd.
- Agricultural tourist attractions, to be defined by rule and approved by Agriculture and Industries Department, application and renewal fees, directional signs under certain conditions (2011-20698)
- Sex offenders and violent crime offenders, prohibitions on residency near a long-term facility, notification procedures to Health Department, Senior Services Department, long-term care facility, and its residents under certain conditions, Secs. 15-20-22, 15-20-26 am'd.; Act 2009-558, 2009 Reg. Sess.; Act 2009-619, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Euthanasia of cats and dogs in animal shelters, gas chambers prohibited, delayed effective date, Beckham's Act, Sec. 34-29-131 am'd.
- Sales tax holiday, sales and use tax exemptions, computers, exempted amount increased, Sec. 40-23-210 am'd.
- Public schools, minimum number of instructional and professional days, Governor authorized to reduce when proration of Education Trust Fund budget declared
- Coal, excise and privilege tax, termination date extended, tax proceeds further distributed, Sec. 40-13-6, 40-13-8 am'd. (2011-20623)
- Electrical contractors, renewal of licenses, person licensed by Board of Electrical Contractors on or before June 30, 2010, exam not required, Sec. 34-36-16 am'd.; Act 2010-540, 2010 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Presidential preference primary election, date changed, provisions relating to when election day same day as Mardi Gras deleted, Sec. 17-13-100 am'd.
- Federal cap and trade regulations, goods produced and distributed only in Alabama (intrastate), exempt from cap and trade regulations
- Health care, persons, employers, or health care providers, mandatory participation in any health care system prohibited, const. amend.
- Hayden, corp. limits alt.
- Motor carriers, federal Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005, responsibility for administration transferred from Public Service Commission to Revenue Department, distrib. of net fees to Public Safety Department, Sec. 37-3-32.1 amended and renumbered as Sec. 40-12-435
- Child abuse or neglect, suspected, mandatory reporting, requirements for school teachers and school officials, established, responsibilities of principals and local superintendents of education Sec. 26-14-3 am'd.
- Jefferson Co., bonds and other debt issued by county and certain swap agreements, notice, public records, requirements, competitive bids on swap agreements
- Jefferson Co., automobile rental tax, operative date of tax immediately, Act 2001-550, 2001 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Granite and limestone surface mining, local approval prior to issuance of state permit required, public hearings required, Sec. 22-22A-5.1 added
- Jefferson Co., sewer system, fee on person, entity, or property not connected to system, prohibited
- Supernumerary ad valorem tax officials, cap on compensation increased, Sec. 40-6-3 am'd.
- Sex crimes, person over age 21 convicted of rape in the first degree, sodomy in the first degree, or sexual torture in the first degree of a child age 6 or younger, sentence of life without possibility of parole required
- Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, Inc., exempt from state, county, and municipal sales and use tax
- Civil procedure, civil defendants required to inform court of current address and name and address of employer, in contempt for failure to report
- Blount Co., constable, office abolished
- Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine, State Board of Health required to classify as controlled substances, exemptions, removed from list of precursor chemicals maintained by State Board of Pharmacy, Secs. 20-2-20, 20-2-181 am'd.
- Blount Co., municipality located entirely outside of Blount County prohibited from imposing municipal ordinance or regulation in its police jurisdiction located in Blount County, reglatory functions and police or fire protection services in its police jurisdiction prohibited, except public safety mutual aid, const. amend. (2010-20879)
- Class action lawsuits filed in Alabama, plan for undistributed funds to be distributed to Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Department if class members cannot be located, or if distribution to class is not economically feasible, or if class members do not make a claim to the class funds
- Criminal sex offenders over age 21, sex offenses against child 12 years of age or younger, surgical castration required prior to release from custody of Corrections Department
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Elections, photo identification required, Public Safety Department required to issue identification cards to persons without photo identification, Sec. 17-9-30 am'd.
- Greenhouse gas emissions, state agency prohibited from adopting or enforcing a state or regional program to limit or regulate motor vehicle fuel economy or from implementing a cap and trade program without legislative authorization
- Federal law enforcement officers, permission of sheriff or Attorney General required before conducting arrest or search and seizure, district attorney required to prosecute violations, supremacy of sheriff as chief law enforcement officer of county declared
- Blount Co., elected officials, county commission may provide expense allowance if salary voluntarily diminished due to participation in public or private retirement fund
- Income tax, employer's deduction for health insurance premiums, compensation paid to qualifying employees for calculation of employer's deduction further provided for, Sec. 40-18-15.3 am'd.
- Short-barreled rifles or short-barreled shotguns, possession, sale, receipt, obtaining, or use, in violation of federal law, prohibited, exceptions, penalties, Sec. 13A-11-63 am'd.
The below links are relevant to Elwyn Thomas from Oneonta, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Elwyn Thomas? Do you have an opinion on Elwyn Thomas? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Elwyn Thomas.|