- 11 South Union Street, Suite 538-B
- Montgomery, AL 36130-2950
- MA, Tax Accounting, University of Alabama, 1981
- BS, Commerce and Business Administration, University of Alabama, 1980
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 44, 2014-present
- Chief Financial Officer, Signature Homes, 2016-2018
- Chief Financial Officer, Vulcan Steel Products, 2009-2016
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, Progress Rail Services, 2005-2007
- President/Chief Financial Officer, Summit Products, Limited Liability Company, 2005-2007
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, North American Bus Industries, 2003-2005
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, Birmingham Steel Corporation, 1986-2002
- Former Member, Commerce and Small Business Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Information Technology Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Member, Trussville Rotary Club, present
- Advisory Board, the Alabama Productivity Center
- chairman of Deacons, Finance Committee/the Personnel Committee, First Baptist Church of Trussville
- charter member/music director, Clearview Baptist Church in Clay
- Deacon, First Baptist Church of Trussville
- Executive Committee, Jefferson County Republican Party
- Founding Member, Independence Place
- Member, Culverhouse College of Commerce Board of Visitors at the University of Alabama
- Member, Culverhouse Commerce Executives Society
- Member/Supporter, Local Chambers of Commerce
- Mentor, program designed for the professional development of undergraduate business students
- Teacher, Sunday School to high school seniors
- Vice President, Trussville City Schools Board of Education
No Sponsored Bills
Alabama Athletic Commission, regulation of bare knuckle boxing added, membership of medical advisory panel revised, drug testing of competitors expanded, temporary license provided, Secs. 41-9-1021, 41-9-1023, 41-9-1024, 41-9-1027, 41-9-1028, 41-9-1029, 41-9-1030, 41-9-1031, 41-9-1032, 41-9-1033, 41-9-1034, 41-9-1035, 41-9-1036, 41-9-1037, 41-9-1038 am'd.
Corporate Income Tax, allow taxpayer who is part of a controlled group to factor that controlled group in computing deduction limitations, Sec. 40-18-39.1 added.
Commerce, Alabama Rural and Agribusiness Jobs Act
Trussville, corp. limits alt.
Unemployment benefits, maximum amount paid to an individual revised contingent on the state's average unemployment rate, maximum weekly benefits revised, terms of losing benefits due to disqualification, Secs. 25-4-72, 25-4-74, 25-4-78 am'd.
Alabama Genetic Counselor Act, Board of Genetic Counseling created to license genetic counselors, powers of board, qualifications for licensure, exemptions from licensure provided, funding, and penalties for violations
Education, local boards of education to allow released time for religious education off campus for elective credit, Alabama Released Time Credit Act
Deferred presentment transactions, term set at 30 days, Sec. 5-18A-13 amd.
Education, State Board of Edu., membership, limit of service to two terms, exceptions, Sec. 16-3-1 am'd.
Rebuild Alabama Act, amended to sunset the automatic indexing of the gasoline and disesel fuel tax after a specified time frame, Act 2019-2 am'd.
State agencies, contracts, subject to review by the Contract Reveiw Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, prohibited from contracting with a person otherwise required to register as a lobbyist as an advisor to the state agency
University of Alabama, Board of Trustees, congressional districts for membership as constituted on 1/1/2018, State Superintendent of Education removed from membership, age restriction of 70 deleted, Section 264 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, am'd, const. amend.
Tax Exemption Reform Act, united appeal fund entities and supported charities, grace period to obtain or renew certificate of exemption from Dept. of Revenue provided through Sept. 30, 2018, Sec. 40-9-12.1added