Danny Garrett Info
- Location: Trussville, AL - Jefferson County
- Birthday: October 11, 1957 62
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 538-B
- Montgomery, AL 36130-2950
- MA, Tax Accounting, University of Alabama, 1981
- BS, Commerce and Business Administration, University of Alabama, 1980
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 44, 2014-present
- Chief Financial Officer, Signature Homes, 2016-2018
- Chief Financial Officer, Vulcan Steel Products, 2009-2016
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, Progress Rail Services, 2005-2007
- President/Chief Financial Officer, Summit Products, Limited Liability Company, 2005-2007
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, North American Bus Industries, 2003-2005
- Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer, Birmingham Steel Corporation, 1986-2002
- Former Member, Commerce and Small Business Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Information Technology Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Member, Trussville Rotary Club, present
- Advisory Board, the Alabama Productivity Center
- chairman of Deacons, Finance Committee/the Personnel Committee, First Baptist Church of Trussville
- charter member/music director, Clearview Baptist Church in Clay
- Deacon, First Baptist Church of Trussville
- Executive Committee, Jefferson County Republican Party
- Founding Member, Independence Place
- Member, Culverhouse College of Commerce Board of Visitors at the University of Alabama
- Member, Culverhouse Commerce Executives Society
- Member/Supporter, Local Chambers of Commerce
- Mentor, program designed for the professional development of undergraduate business students
- Teacher, Sunday School to high school seniors
- Vice President, Trussville City Schools Board of Education
- State Rep. Will Dismukes Honors Dead KKK Leader In Selma As John Lewis Mourned
- Rep. Garrett: Ivey Will Announce Reopening Plans Tomorrow
- Republican Lawmakers Criticize Governor Ivey’s Plan to Close Non-Essential Businesses
World Games, TWG 2021 Birmingham Foundation, exempt from sales and use, ad valorem, and other taxes, Sec. 40-9-26.2 added
Corporate income tax rate and financial institution excise tax rate, decreased, apportionment factor for corporate income tax rates revised, State income tax decoupled from fed. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, electing pass-through entities, taxed at entity level, Ala. Business Tax Competitiveness Act, Secs. 40-16-1.2, 40-16-4, 40-18-31, 40-18-34, 40-18-35, 40-27-1 am'd.
Taxation, income tax rate for corporations further provided for, Alabama Business Tax Competitiveness Act, const. amend
Labor Dept., definitions and references to Secretary of Labor updated in AL Surface Mining Act of 1969, departmental employee in lieu of registered forester to perform inspections, amount of fed funds retained in Special Abandoned Mine Reclamation Trust Fund increased, unemployment compensation language conformed and exclusivity of certain procedures specified, Secs. 25-4-59, 25-4-153 added; Secs. 9-16-2, 9-16-8, 9-16-135, 25-4-72 am'd.
Finance Dept., Comptroller, authorize to issue payment to a vendor when payment is certified as valid but barred by passage of time, Sec. 41-4-50 am'd.
Unemployment compensation, language relating to benefit years beginning on or afterJuly 2, 2006, confirmed, Secs. 25-4-59, 25-4-153 added; Secs. 25-4-72 am'd.
State government, Office of Chief Procurement Officer, established, Division of Purchasing within the Dept. of Finance, eliminated, Secs. 41-4-110 to 41-4-161, inclusive, repealed; Secs. 41-4-110A to 41-4-116A, incl., 41-4-120A to 41-4-151A, incl., 41-4-155A, 41-4-160A to 41-4-168A, incl., 41-4-170 to 41-4-178A, incl., added; Sec. 41-4-66 am'd.
Optometrists, practice of optometry defined, Board of Optometry to regulate, Secs. 20-2-2, 34-22-1 am'd.
Commerce, Alabama Rural and Agribusiness Jobs Act
Taxation, Alabama Innovation Act, tax credit for qualified research expenses, provided, Secs. 40-18-470 to 40-18-475, inclusive, added.
Alabama Athletic Commission, regulation of bare knuckle boxing added, membership of medical advisory panel revised, drug testing of competitors expanded, temporary license provided, Secs. 41-9-1021, 41-9-1023, 41-9-1024, 41-9-1027, 41-9-1028, 41-9-1029, 41-9-1030, 41-9-1031, 41-9-1032, 41-9-1033, 41-9-1034, 41-9-1035, 41-9-1036, 41-9-1037, 41-9-1038 am'd.
Corporate Income Tax, allow taxpayer who is part of a controlled group to factor that controlled group in computing deduction limitations, Sec. 40-18-39.1 added.
Commerce, Alabama Rural and Agribusiness Jobs Act
Trussville, corp. limits alt.
Unemployment benefits, maximum amount paid to an individual revised contingent on the state's average unemployment rate, maximum weekly benefits revised, terms of losing benefits due to disqualification, Secs. 25-4-72, 25-4-74, 25-4-78 am'd.
Alabama Genetic Counselor Act, Board of Genetic Counseling created to license genetic counselors, powers of board, qualifications for licensure, exemptions from licensure provided, funding, and penalties for violations
Education, local boards of education to allow released time for religious education off campus for elective credit, Alabama Released Time Credit Act
Deferred presentment transactions, term set at 30 days, Sec. 5-18A-13 amd.
Education, State Board of Edu., membership, limit of service to two terms, exceptions, Sec. 16-3-1 am'd.
Rebuild Alabama Act, amended to sunset the automatic indexing of the gasoline and disesel fuel tax after a specified time frame, Act 2019-2 am'd.
State agencies, contracts, subject to review by the Contract Reveiw Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, prohibited from contracting with a person otherwise required to register as a lobbyist as an advisor to the state agency
University of Alabama, Board of Trustees, congressional districts for membership as constituted on 1/1/2018, State Superintendent of Education removed from membership, age restriction of 70 deleted, Section 264 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, am'd, const. amend.
Tax Exemption Reform Act, united appeal fund entities and supported charities, grace period to obtain or renew certificate of exemption from Dept. of Revenue provided through Sept. 30, 2018, Sec. 40-9-12.1added