After completing a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Alabama in 1992, Clyde has resided, worked, and raised a family in Alabama Senate District 30.
In 1996, Clyde was elected to his first of three terms on the Autauga County Commission. He served as the body’s chairman from 2000-2008. During his tenure on the Commission, Clyde worked to forge a spirit of cooperation between city and county governments. Agreements for ambulance service, the metro jail, and the humane shelter were negotiated.
Autauga County’s participation in the financial commitment for construction of the Capitol Hill Robert Trent Jones golf course in Elmore County was spearheaded by Commissioner Chambliss in 1997. The course has been a tremendous catalyst for growth in the region.
As an employee of Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, Clyde was instrumental in forging a partnership between Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, Autauga County, the City of Prattville, the Autauga County Industrial Development Board, Marshall Construction and the Chamber of Commerce for the creation of the Interstate Business Park. Clyde has been active in the industrial recruitment process and has been a part of several successful recruitment efforts.
Clyde has completed Leadership Autauga County, Leadership Elmore County, and Leadership Alabama. Clyde has sat on numerous regional boards including: Central Alabama Aging Consortium, Central Alabama Regional Planning Commission, and the Montgomery Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Clyde and his wife Tara are the proud parents of three daughters – Kristen, Lauren, and Madison. All three daughters attended Autauga County Public Schools. Kristen, Lauren, and Madison are students at the University of Alabama.
Clyde is the Principle Engineer for Chambliss Engineering (CE). CE provides civil engineering services to local governments, developers and water systems primarily in Elmore and Autauga Counties. The growing business coupled with his community involvement earned Clyde recognition as one of the “Leading 40 under 40” by the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce and the Montgomery Advertiser in 2002. Clyde was selected as the Business Leader of the Year in 2009 by the Chamber of Commerce Farm-City Committee.
In the midst of his civic and business responsibilities, Clyde has also served in leadership roles in the church. He has taught Sunday School, served on the Building Committee, and has served three terms as a deacon at Heritage Baptist Church in Prattville. He has used his expertise as an engineer and the resources of his business to help missionaries in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Micronesia to locate and disinfect water for their personal use as well as the people in their communities. He has made numerous trips to Nicaragua to assist Evangelism Missions, Inc. and Global Impact in installing piping systems, water storage tanks, and ultraviolet filters into rural schools that otherwise would have not had running water.
Clyde was elected to the Alabama State Senate in November of 2014 and currently serves on the following committees: Governmental Affairs; Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development; Finance and Taxation General Fund; and is Chair of Local Legislation. Additionally, Senator Chambliss is Senate Majority Floor Leader.
Alabama Senate District 30 includes all or parts of Autauga, Chilton, Coosa, Elmore, and Tallapoosa Counties.
Known contact information for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 730Montgomery, AL 36130-4600
- Phone: 334-261-0872
- Official Email: [email protected]
Known educational history for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Alabama, 1987-1992
Known political history for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 30, 2022
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 30, 2014-present
- City Councilor, City of Prattville, 2012-2014
- Chair, Autauga County Commission, 2000-2008
- Commissioner, Autauga County Commission, 1996-2000
Known professional history for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- Principle Engineer, Chambliss Engineering, 1999-present
- Employee, Central Alabama Electric Cooperative
Known congressional history for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- Former Member, Joint Committee on Public Pensions, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Task Force on Budget Reform, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Transportation and Energy Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee, Alabama State Senate
Known organizational history for Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL.
- Deacon/Sunday School Teacher, Heritage Baptist Church
- Former Member, Montgomery Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Former Member, Central Alabama Regional Planning Commission
- Former Member, Central Alabama Aging Consortium
- Member, Long Range Planning Committee
- Member, Evangelism Missions, Incorporated & Global Impact
- Participant, Leadership Autauga
- Participant, Leadership Alabama
- Participant, Leadership Elmore
Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Clyde Chambliss has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Clyde Chambliss from Prattville, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Clyde Chambliss? Do you have an opinion on Clyde Chambliss? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.