The information provided below on Mike Curtis from Florence, AL is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
Known educational history for Mike Curtis from Florence, AL.
- Graduated, County Commission College, 1998
- , University of North Alabama, 1977
Known political history for Mike Curtis from Florence, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 1, 2014
- Candidate, Alabama House of Representatives, District 2, 2010
- Lauderdale County Commission, 1996-2006
Known professional history for Mike Curtis from Florence, AL.
- Associate Agent, Nationwide Insurance, present
Known congressional history for Mike Curtis from Florence, AL.
- Lauderdale County Commission, 1996-2006
- Member, Public Works and Rural Transportation Steering Committee Association of County Commissioners, 2002-2003
Known organizational history for Mike Curtis from Florence, AL.
- Board of Directors, Association of County Commissions of Alabama, present
- Advisory Board Member, Shoals Special Olympics, present
- Board Member, Retired Senior Volunteer Program, present
- Board of Directors, Shoals National Championship Committee, present
- Board of Directors, Association of County Commissions of Alabama
- Board of Directors, 911, present
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Association of County Commissions of Alabama Liability Self-Insurance Fund
- Member, Lauderdale County Career Technical Advisory Committee, present
- Member, Board of Directors, Division II Hall of Fame, present
- Member, Atlas Church of Christ, present
- Volunteer Coach, Alabama Special Olympics, present
Mike Curtis from Florence, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
- Infants, sudden unexplained infant death, Sudden Unexplained Infant Death Investigation Team, established, duties, coordination of county officials, law enforcement, medical or emergency personnel, immunity, Sudden Unexplained Infant Death Investigation Act
- Corrections Department, certain employees who work inside a security fence under certain conditions, compensation increased
- Lauderdale Co., county commission, chair, election on countywide basis, duties, compensation, judge of probate not to serve as chair, referendum
- Lauderdale Co., lodging tax, bed and breakfast establishments included, distrib., county tourism board established, Act 86-441, 1986 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Teachers, local boards of education required to notify teachers of reduction in compensation due to loss of supplemental position, Sec. 16-24-12 am'd.
- Family Resource Centers, Alabama Network of, adoption of rules regarding distribution of funds, publication of notice regarding rules in Alabama Administrative Monthly, Sec. 30-8-2 am'd.
- Lauderdale County Association of Volunteer Fire Departments, Inc., exempt from state, county, and municipal sales and use tax
- Lauderdale Co., circuit judges, retired or semi-retired of 11th Judicial Circuit, salary supplement further provided for, Act 800, 1975 Sp. Sess. am'd.
- City of Huntsville Federal Building Authority, BRAC distributions from State of Alabama authorized for financing infrastructure and improvements in certain areas of North Alabama impacted by 2005 Base Realignment and Closure
- Municipalities, domestic violence statistics compiled and maintained by a municipality, posted on municipal website, Melanie Camp Act
- Supernumerary ad valorem tax officials, cap on compensation increased, Sec. 40-6-3 am'd.
- Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, over-the-counter products, sales further regulated, on-line electronic verification system operated by Criminal Justice Information Center, penalties, Drug Abuse Task Force, established, members, Sec. 20-2-190 am'd.; Act 2009-283, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Boxing Commission, name changed to Athletic Commission, mixed martial arts, authorized and regulated, definitions, commission authorized to employ executive director, penalties, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Act, Act 2009-622, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.; Secs. 41-9-1020, 41-9-1021, 41-9-1023, 41-9-1024, 41-9-1028, 41-9-1029, 41-9-1030, 41-9-1032, 41-9-1033, 41-9-1034, 41-9-1035, 41-9-1036, 41-9-1037, 41-9-1038, 41-9-1039, 41-9-1040 am'd.
- Municipalities, municipal courts, court costs for jails, distrib. for municipal jails, Sec. 11-47-7.1 am'd.
- Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine, State Board of Health required to classify as controlled substances, exemptions, removed from list of precursor chemicals maintained by State Board of Pharmacy, Secs. 20-2-20, 20-2-181 am'd.
- Class action lawsuits filed in Alabama, plan for undistributed funds to be distributed to Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Department if class members cannot be located, or if distribution to class is not economically feasible, or if class members do not make a claim to the class funds
- Assault in the second degree, utility workers included as a protected class, utility worker defined, Sec. 13A-6-21 am'd.; Act 2009-586, 2009 Reg. Sess. am'd.
- Municipalities, annexation of property enclosed within corporate limits, special procedure
- Motor vehicles, trailers, safety devices required when connecting to motor vehicle, duties to Public Safety Department, penalties
- "Alabama", the poem and music, designated as state anthem, "Stars Fell on Alabama", designated as state song, Sec. 1-2-16 am'd.
- Motor vehicles, distinctive license tags, new categories for members and former members of U. S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marines, established, fees, designs by Veterans' Affairs Department
- Child custody or visitation, motion to stay proceeding pending adjudication of criminal charge involving parent, court to consider best interest of child
- Alabama Residential Energy Code Board changed to Alabama Energy and Residential Codes Board, Model Energy Code replaced with Alabama Energy and Residential Codes, adoption of modern building and energy codes in compliance with federal law to be implemented by counties and municipalities, board members increased, certain farm structures excluded, sprinkler systems provided for, Secs. 41-23-80, 41-23-81, 41-23-82, 41-23-83, 41-23-84, 41-23-85 am'd.
- Driving or operating a vehicle as defined (including vessels) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, criminal negligent homicide or assault in the first degree amended to include, Secs. 13A-6-4, 13A-6-20 am'd.
- Occupational tax, levy by county or municipality, prohibited, const. amend.
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program Advisory Task Force, established, members, duties
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program, separate board of directors, members, duties, Sec. 16-33C-4.1 added; Secs. 16-33C-3, 16-33C-4, 16-33C-5, 16-33C-6, 16-33C-7, 16-33C-8, 16-33C-10, 16-33C-11, 16-33C-12 am'd.
- Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) Program, contracts, Legislative intent regarding expressed, each contract in force on effective date of this act to be honored regardless of date issued
- State income tax, federal deduction limited for individual taxpayers, state sales tax on food removed, Amendment 225 (Section 211.04, Recompiled Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended), repealed, const. amend.
The below links are relevant to Mike Curtis from Florence, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Mike Curtis? Do you have an opinion on Mike Curtis? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Mike Curtis.|