A native of Dallas County and a seventh-generation Alabama farmer, Sam lives in Huntsville and practices real estate and business law. He represents community lenders, developers, builders and homeowners associations, and the City of Huntsville.
Sam has served in multiple positions for the Alabama Association of Habitat for Humanity Affiliates and for Habitat for Humanity of Madison County, of which he was president. He is a current Local Life Director of the Huntsville Madison County Builders Association and a member of the Huntsville Rotary Club.
A graduate of Auburn University, Sam also received his law degree from the University of Alabama in 1994. Since then, he has divided his time between practicing law, managing his companies, volunteering in his community, working in both local and state politics and raising six children with his wife Heather.
Known contact information for Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 735Montgomery, AL 36104
- Phone: 334-261-0867
- Official Email: [email protected]
Known educational history for Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL.
- JD, University of Alabama School of Law, 1991-1994
- BS, Finance, Auburn University, 1985-1989
Known political history for Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 7, 2018, 2022
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 7, 2018-present
Known professional history for Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL.
- Owner, SHG Development, present
- Owner, Houston Land Company, present
- Attorney and Shareholder, Wilmer and Lee, Professional Association, 2005-present
Known organizational history for Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL.
- Chairman, Madison County Republican Party, present
- Leadership, American Heart Association, present
- Local Life Director, Huntsville Madison County Builders Association Board, present
- Member, Huntsville Rotary Club, present
- Member, Sunday School Teacher, and Basketball Coach, Whitesburg Baptist Church, present
- Senior Vice-Chairman, Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee, present
- Former President, Habitat for Humanity of Madison County
- Various Positions, Alabama Association of Habitat for Humanity Affiliates
Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Sam Givhan has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Sam Givhan from Gurley, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Sam Givhan? Do you have an opinion on Sam Givhan? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|Alabama Constitutional Carry Bill Passes Senate Committee||03/05/2020|
|Alabama Medical Marijuana Bill Passes Senate Committee||04/24/2019|