Matt Simpson has proudly served as the representative for Alabama House District 96 since 2018, representing both Baldwin and Mobile Counties. He serves on the Judiciary Committee, Commerce and Small Business Committee, Ethics and Campaign Finance Committee, the Sunset Committee, the Mobile County Legislation Committee and the Baldwin County Legislation Committee. He also received special appointments to be vice chairman of the Joint Legislative Committee for Aerospace and Defense and to be a member of the Joint Legislative Committee for Mental Health.
Matt has spent his career as an advocate for the people of Baldwin and Mobile Counties. Matt was the former child victims prosecutor for Baldwin County handling all cases where children are the victims of sexual and/or physical abuse and previously worked with the Mobile County District Attorney’s Office, for a combined nearly 12 years of prosecutorial experience. He currently works as an attorney with Davis & Fields, P.C. handling adoptions, mediations, civil litigation, probate law and business law cases.
During his time in office, Matt has been a champion for the people of Baldwin and Mobile Counties, working to help pass legislation that makes an impact for citizens in his district. He worked hard to locate a funding source to begin the creation of a Baldwin County Mental Health Court to help people with mental illnesses be able to seek treatment and counseling in lieu of jail time. True to his prosecutorial roots, Simpson has also been a tireless advocate for victims of crime, passing legislation that strengthened authorities’ abilities to charge child sex crimes and helping shepherd legislation that would enhance penalties against people who committed homebuilder fraud.
Matt was born and raised in Mobile and attended Murphy High School. Matt went on to graduate from the University of Alabama and Cumberland School of Law. Matt was elected to the Student Honor Court by his fellow students at Cumberland. After graduation Matt and his wife, Marina, returned to Southwest Alabama and moved to Daphne.
In 2011, Matt was elected as Chairman of the Baldwin County Republican Party and served two terms. During that time the BCGOP made national headlines for hosting dinners that included speakers Andy Andrews, Dr. Ben Carson and Sarah Palin. Matt has also previously served as Chairman of the Baldwin County Young Republicans and was part of the recruitment committee that was able to bring the Young Republican National Convention to Mobile in 2013. Since 2008 Matt has been elected to serve on the Alabama Republican Party State Executive Committee and is currently the ALGOP Chairman for Congressional District 1. In 2017, Matt served as Chairman of the committee that created the ALGOP Code of Ethics for members.
Matt has also been very active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors for Fairhope/Point Clear Rotary Youth Center, The Family Center, and the Baldwin County Department of Human Resources. He is also currently the Chairman of the Baldwin County Personnel Board Grievance Committee. Matt is a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigations Mobile Division Citizen’s Academy (2013) and Leadership Baldwin County (2015).
Matt’s wife, Marina, is the Executive Director of the United Way of Baldwin County. She is on the Board of Directors for the United Ways of Alabama and the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce. She received the 2011 FDIC Chairman’s Award for Excellence and was named to Mobile Bay’s Top 40 Under 40 class of 2015.
Matt and Marina have two children, John Wallace (13) and Elizabeth (8).
Matt is an elder at Coastal Church in Daphne.
Known contact information for Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 524-CMontgomery, AL 36104
- Phone: 334-261-0424
- Official Email: [email protected]
Known educational history for Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL.
- Graduated, Federal Bureau of Investigation Mobile Division Citizen's Academy, 2013
- JD, Samford University Cumberland School of Law, 2002-2005
- BA, Political Science, University of Alabama, 1998-2002
Known political history for Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 96, 2018, 2022
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 96, 2018-present
Known professional history for Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL.
- Attorney, Davis & Fields, Professional Company, 2019-present
- Assistant District Attorney, Mobile County District Attorney's Office, 2011-present
- Assistant District Attorney, Baldwin County District Attorney's Office, 2006-2011
- Associate, The Huntley Firm, 2005-2006
Known organizational history for Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL.
- Chairman, Baldwin County Personnel Board Grievance Committee, present
- Participant, Leadership Baldwin, 2015
- Member and Elder, Coastal Church, 2013-present
- Congressional District 1 Vice Chair and Former Special Events Coordinator, Young Republican Federation of Alabama, 2009-present
- Member and Former Chairman, State of Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee, 2009-present
- Member and Former Chairman, Baldwin County Young Republicans, 2007-present
- Member, The Family Center Board of Directors
- Member, Fairhope/Point Clear Rotary Youth Center Board of Directors
- Member, Baldwin County Department of Human Resources Board of Directors
Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Matt Simpson has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Matt Simpson from Daphne, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Matt Simpson? Do you have an opinion on Matt Simpson? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.