My name is Mike Jones, Jr., and I am a candidate for the Alabama State House Seat District 92.
In my line of work as an attorney concentrating in family law, I see what kind of difficulties can challenge families. That is why one of my priorities is to support strongly anything that will help our local schools and benefit the children of District 92 and our state. Being involved in youth activities has been a personal long-term commitment of mine, e.g., staying active in the Boy Scouts by serving as assistant scoutmaster and scoutmaster and, more recently, volunteering as a soccer coach for my daughters’ teams.
My belief in the power of education was instilled in me by my mother, a teacher in Covington County Schools for 30 years, and reinforced during my own studies at LBW, Birmingham Southern, and the University of Alabama. Now, with children in public schools and continuing service on the LBW Foundation Board, I see educational issues from an even broader perspective. I strongly believe that education for local citizens not only better prepares them personally for the modern job market but also strengthens our communities, especially during challenging times like these.
I describe myself as a conservative, believing that people do best when they have a real stake in the outcome. Programs that help people by “partnering” with them are examples of good government at work. For example, as Chairman of Andalusia’s Downtown Redevelopment Authority, I helped introduce a grant program that matches capital improvements for local business owners once they have invested their own money in fixing up the exterior of their buildings. Civic groups like the Chamber of Commerce are also invaluable resources for our counties as are the many associations which spark community interest and involvement. I have been proud to be a member of the Chamber and other groups like the Sheriff's Posse, the Gas Board, and the Mental Health Board.
A distinct benefit of working for nearly twenty years in the legal profession is gaining an understanding of the way laws passed by the legislature can affect ordinary citizens. As a recent two-term member of the Andalusia City Council, I also have direct experience crafting laws, Thus, as a practical matter, I have confidence in my ability to understand the potential ramifications of proposed bills before any final draft comes to vote. In addition, I hereby pledge to read all the bills that I will vote to pass.
You can see that I believe in the power of local decisions and actions and, as your representative in Montgomery, will continue to maintain respect for all local governments within District 92. actions and, as your representative in Montgomery, will continue to maintain respect for all local governments within District 92.
Therefore, I would Appreciate your Support in my campaign for the Alabama State House Seat for District 92.
Known contact information for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
Known educational history for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
- Graduated, Lurleen B. Wallace Jr. College, 1987
- BS, Birmingham Southern University
- JD, University of Alabama
Known political history for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 31, 2022
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 92, 2018
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 92, 2010-present
- Mayor Pro Tempore, City of Andalusia, 2004-2008
- Member, Andalusia City Council, 2000-2008
Known professional history for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
- Attorney, Law Offices of Michael L. Jones, present
- Chairman, Downtown Redevelopment Authority
- City Judge, City of Andalusia Position
- Special Circuit Judge, Covington County Judiciary
Known congressional history for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
- Former Chair, Judiciary Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on State Parks, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on Homeland Security Oversight, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on Homeland Security, Alabama State House of Representatives
Known organizational history for Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL.
- Member, Andalusia Downtown Redevelopment Authority, present
- Coach, Andalusia Youth Soccer League, 2002-2004, 2008-2009
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Board Member, Alabama Easter Seals
- Board Member, South Central Mental Health
- Board of Directors, Past Chairman, Southeast Alabama Gas District
- Deacon, First Baptist Church of Andalusia
- Former Member, Covington County Sheriff's Posse
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, Andalusia Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association
- Member, South Alabama Gun Club
- Past President, LBW Foundation Board
Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Mike Jones has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Mike Jones from Andalusia, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Mike Jones? Do you have an opinion on Mike Jones? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|AL House Votes To Raise Marriage Age To 18||02/26/2020|
|John Merrill Announces Run For Senate, Says He Won’t Resign As Secretary Of State||06/26/2019|