- 11 South Union Street, Suite 731
- Montgomery, AL 36130-4600
- Graduated, University of Alabama
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 8, 2018-present
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 8, 2018
- Owner and Manager, Dicus Oil Company, present
- Owner, The Fuel Center, Incorporated, 1982-present
- Former Member, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Madison County, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Finances and Budget, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Energy Policy, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee to Award the Legislative Medal of Honor for Law Enforcement Officers, Alabama State Senate
- Founding Member, Leadership Jackson County, present
- Member, Leadership Alabama Regional Council, present
- Member, Scottsboro Rotary Club, present
- Member, First National Bank of Scottsboro Board of Directors, present
- Member, Scottsboro Industrial Development Board, present
- Member, Scottsboro-Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, present
- Member, First United Methodist Church, 1982-present
- Former Member, Boy Scouts of America Counsel
- Member, United Way Board of Directors
- Participant, Leadership Alabama
Court Reporting, Board of, freelance, official, and supervising court reporter defined, board staff, investigations and hearings pursuant to APA, temporary licensure, lapsed and expired licenses, and fees, Secs. 34-8B-2, 34-8B-4, 34-8B-5, 34-8B-6, 34-8B-8, 34-8B-10, 34-8B-12, 34-8B-13, 34-8B-15, 34-8B-16, 34-8B-17 am'd.
Taxation, sales and use taxes, Upper Sand Mountain United Methodist Larger Parish Incorporated exempt from state, county, and municipal taxes
Physicians, rural income tax credit under certain conditions, existing credit terminated, new credit provided, Secs. 40-18-130.1 to 40-18-132.1, inclusive, added.
Motor vehicle dealer licensing, master regulatory dealer license, provided, wholesale motor vehicle auction license provided, Secs. 40-12-445 to 40-12-450, inclusive, added; Secs. 40-12-264, 40-12-390 to 40-12-393, incl., 40-12-395, 40-12-398 am'd.
Motor vehicles, unclaimed motor vehicles, title hold, further provided, bond requirement, provided, Secs. 32-8-84, 32-13-2, 32-13-3 am'd.
DeKalb Co., sheriff, pistol permits, fee reduced for persons age 62 or older, Sec. 45-25-232 am'd.
Tax exemption, Long Ranch
Jackson Co., gasoline and motor fuel tax, distrib. for roads and bridges, Act 88-291, 1988 Reg. Sess., am'd; Sec. 45-36-243.12 am'd.
DeKalb Co., City of Fort Payne, city council, election of members further provided for, vacancies, Sec. 45-25A-40 am'd.
Edcuation, schools, pledge of allegiance, be conducted at the beginning of each school day, Sec. 16-43-5 am'd.
Plastic bag bans, prohibiting local governments from banning plastic bags
Home Builders Licensure Board, salary, executive director and deputy director, board required to obtain approval of Governor and the State Personnel Board when setting salary for, Sec. 34-14A-4 am'd.
State Board for Registration of Architects, exemption from registration as architect expanded to include townhomes, duplexes, and buildings containing single family residence units, Sec. 34-2-32 am'd.
EMS personel, revise licensing process to authorize criminal background checks, revise licensing fees, etc., Sec. 22-18-9 added; Secs. 22-18-4, 22-18-6 am'd.
Woodville, corp. limits alt.
Jackson Co., annual publication of expenditures and receipts, Act 484, 1978 Reg. Sess., repealed
Jackson Co., courts, additional court cost, proceeds to the Jackson County Judicial Employees Fund, to provide staffing for employees
Jackson Co., co. commission, chair, compensation, Sec. 45-36-70 am'd.
Jackson Co., T.V.A. in lieu of tax payments, redistribution to Jackson County Legislative Delegation Critical Needs Fund, fund closed thereafter, Sec. 45-36-162 am'd.
Local Government Health Insurance Board, optional health coverages or services including on-the-job injuries, coverage authorized, Sec. 11-91A-7 am'd.
Bridgeport, alcoholic beverages, Sunday sales
Income tax, filing requirement threshold to be sum of standard deduction and personal exemptions, Sec. 40-18-27 am'd.
Dogs, dangerous defined, procedure and hearing provided to determine if dangerous, registration, penalties, liability of owner, Emily's Law
Forests, appropriation to the Emergency Forest Fire, Insect and Disease Fund from state General Fund and max amount of accumulation, increased, Sec. 9-3-10.1 am'd.
Community development districts, add'l type provided for, including resort areas, marinas, and restaurants meeting certain conditions, Secs. 35-8B-1, 35-8B-2, 35-8B-3 am'd.
Home Inspectors Licensure Board, established to license and regulate the practice of home inspections, penalty for unlawful practice, Secs. 34-14D-1 to 34-14D-9, inclusive, added; Secs. 34-14B-1 to 34-14B-10, inclusive, repealed
Home Builders Licensure Board, hearing costs, collection, fines increased for violations, revocation of certain licenses, Secs. 34-14A-1 to 34-14A-8, inclusive, 34-14A-14, 34-14A-15 am'd.
Community development districts, alcoholic beverages, off-premises sales authorized under certain conditions, Sec. 35-8B-3 am'd.
Jackson Co., Cumberland Mountain Water and Fire Protection Authority, natural gas service, authorized to provide, const. amend.
Fort Payne, alcoholic beverages, Sunday sales, city council may permit
Home Builders Licensure Board, authorized to collect hearing costs, increase fines for violations, and revoke certain licenses, Secs. 34-14A-1 to 34-14A-8, inclusive, 34-14A-14, 34-14A-15 am'd.
Taxation, sales and use taxes, eliminate jointly filed petition for refund by taxpayer and the consumer/purchaser, definitions, Secs. 40-2A-3, 40-2A-7 am'd.
Larson, Barbara Waters, outstanding professional achievement, commended
Scottsboro Rotary Club, 60th anniversary, commended
Pisgah County High School girls basketball team, commended
Plainview High School Boys Basketball Team, commended