The information provided below on Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT is meant to educate voters and comes from a variety of sources. If anything is incorrect or you would like to contribute to this page, please let us know on this page.
- Position: Out of Office
- Party: Democratic
- Social Media Missing
- Location: Burlington, VT
- Birthday: September 8, 1941 80
Known educational history for Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT.
- BA, Political Science, University of Chicago, 1964
- Attended, Brooklyn College, 1959-1960
Known political history for Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT.
- Candidate, President of the United States, 2016, 2020
- Candidate, United States Senate, Vermont, 1972, 1974, 2006, 2012, 2018
- Chair of Outreach, Democratic Leadership, United States Senate, 2017-present
- Senator, United States Senate, Vermont, 2006-present
- Representative, United States House of Representatives, Vermont At-Large, 1990-2006
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, Vermont, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004
- Mayor, City of Burlington, 1981-1989
- Candidate, Governor of Vermont, 1972, 1976, 1986
Known professional history for Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT.
- Lecturer, Hamilton College, 1989-1990
- Lecturer, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1989
- Director, American People's Historical Society, 1976-1981
- Former Employee, Bread and Law Task Force
- Former Researcher, Vermont Department of Taxes
Known congressional history for Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT.
- Co-Chair, Congressional Child Care Caucus, 2003-2004
- Officer, Congressional Progressive Caucus, 1991-1998
- Co-Founder, Congressional Progressive Caucus, 1991
- Co-Chair, Prescription Drug Task Force
- Former Chair, Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, United States Senate
- Former Member, Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, United States Senate
- Former Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife, United States Senate
- Former Member, Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight Subcommittee, United States Senate
Known organizational history for Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT.
- Chair, Vermont Liberty Union Party, 1971-1976
- Member, Friends of Ireland
- Member, Coalition on Population and Development
- Member, Northeast-Midwest Coalition
- Member, National Guard and Reserve Components Organization
Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
The below links are relevant to Bernie Sanders from Burlington, VT and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Bernie Sanders? Do you have an opinion on Bernie Sanders? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.