Known contact information for Juandalynn Givan from Birmingham, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, 528-E
- Montgomery, AL 36130-2950
- Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Known educational history for Juandalynn Givan from Birmingham, AL.
- BA, Miles College
- JD, Miles School of Law
Known political history for Juandalynn Givan from Birmingham, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 60, 2018
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 60, 2010-present
Known professional history for Juandalynn Givan from Birmingham, AL.
- Owner, Givan & Associates Law Firm, present
Known congressional history for Juandalynn Givan from Birmingham, AL.
- Former Member, Judiciary Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Food trucks, license to sell alcoholic beverages for public consumption authorized in Class 1 municipalities, Sec. 28-3A-17.1 added.
- Jefferson Co., ad valorem taxes, senior property tax appraisal, person 70 or older, valuation frozen under certain conditions, const. amend.
- Judicial compensation, to establish a uniform pay plan for circuit judges, district judges, appellate court judges, supreme court justices, and the chief justice of the supreme court, eliminate salary supplements and expense allowance, Sec. 12-17-68 repealed; Secs. 12-17-182, 36-15-3 am'd.
- Time; to adopt Daylight Savings Time statewide if Congress amends Federal law to allow it.
- Public works contracts, local preference zones authorized, local preference to certain bidders authorized, Sec. 39-2-6 am'd.
- Monuments, Alabama Memorial Preservation Act of 2017, a county or municipality authorize to remove any monument located on public property for less than 50 years, a waiver required from Committee on Alabama Monument Protection before monument can be removed that has been situated for 50 years of more, Sec. 41-9-230 repealed; Secs. 41-9-231 to 41-9-237, inclusive, am'd.
- State sales and use tax increased, phase-in period, sales and use tax on food phased out, exempt by 2007, counties and municipalities prohibited from increasing sales tax on food, Secs. 40-23-2, 40-23-61 am'd.
- Jurors, to receive state mileage rate for court attendance, Sec. 12-19-210 am'd.
- Voter registration, authorize registration same day as election, Sec. 17-3-50 am'd.
- Medicaid, expand program to provide assistane to state residents, provide appropriations for adequate funding
- Medicaid, extend postpartum coverage for eligible pregnant women to one year after birth
- Elections, absentee ballots, county commission authorized to select locations for receiving absentee ballots
- Election ballots, straight political party ballots prohibited, constitutional amendment ballot measure, contents may not mislead description of, Secs. 17-6-36, 17-6-37. 17-6-38, 17-6-39 repealed; Secs. 17-6-35, 17-6-41, 17-7-21 am'd.
- ClasTran, Birmingham Regional Paratransit Consortium, exempt from all sales and use taxes
- Jefferson Co., Birmingham Cemetery Bd., appointment of chair further provided for, Sec. 45-37-30 am'd.
- Historical monuments, local governments authorized to remove and required to transfer ownership to Archives and History or Alabama Historical Commission for public display, Alabama Memorial Preservation Act of 2017, Secs. 41-9-230 to 41-9-237, inclusive, repealed
- Education, requires all public K-12 schools to require student completion of a semester-long course in Black American history
- Law enforcement, recordings, procedure to determine to whom and what portion of a recording to disclose or release established
- Expungements, administrative filing fees eliminated, Sec. 15-27-4 repealed; Sec. 15-27-3 am'd.
- HB 5
- Parental rights, provide that a conviction of a parent for rape or incest is a ground for termination of parental rights if the rape or incest resulted in the conception of the child, Sec. 12-15-319 am'd.
- HB 213
- Campaign finance, time by which contribution and expenditures must be reported day before an election revised, Sec. 17-5-8 am'd.
- HB 175
- Jefferson Co., taxation, sales tax proceeds, distrib. to nonprofit or charitable organizations, co. commission to distrb. grants, Sec. 45-37-249.08 am'd.
- HB 36
- Law enforcement, recordings, not public records, procedure to determine to whom and what portion of a recording to disclose or release established
- HB 463
- Schools, City of Birmingham Board of Education, election, term of office, Secs. 45-37A-50.04, 45-37A-52.90 am'd.
- HB 462
- Birmingham, city council and mayor, term of office, Secs. 45-37A-52.50, 45-37A-52.90 am'd.
- HB 451
- Birmingham, alcoholic beverage, Sunday sales, city council authorized to commence at 10:00 a.m.
- HB 434
- Assault weapons, prohibit sale or transfer of an assault weapon to anyone under 21 years of age, to prohibit anyone under 21 years of age from possessing an assault weapon
- HB 283
- Memorial Preservation Act, does not apply to Class 1 municipalities, Sec. 41-9-236 am'd; Act 2017-354, 2017 Reg. Sess., am'd.
- HR 504
- Lewis, Rhonda Steele, death mourned
- HB 257
- Employment practice, unlawful to inquire from job applicant information relating to arrests or conviction of crimes, criminal record, with exceptions
- HR 427
- Jones, Dorothy McPherson, death mourned
- HR 422
- Jones, Dorothy McPherson, death mourned
- HR 109
- Smithfield Walk Club, commended
- HR 103
- Roberson, Emma, 100th birthday, commended
- HB 16
- Memorial Preservation Act, repealed, Secs. 41-9-230 to 41-9-237, inclusive, repealed
- HB 15
- Municipalities, govening body, exemption of public property from, requirements of memorial preservation acts, acts/code amd
|Alabama, Where Good Bills Go to Get Lynched||03/05/2021|
|Alabama Bill Aims To End Straight Party Voting||02/15/2021|
|Bill Requiring Black History Class In Schools Filed In Alabama||12/22/2020|
|Alabama House Democrats Actually Hear You||08/25/2020|
|Alabama Teachers Receive 4% Pay Raise||05/29/2019|
|Alabama Lottery Bill Fails Procedural Vote; Fate Uncertain||05/22/2019|
|Alabama Bill Would Set Guidelines On Release Of Recorded Police Videos||04/19/2019|