My name is Rusty Glover and I would be honored to serve as your next Alabama State Auditor. I previously taught U.S. History at Mary G. Montgomery High School in Semmes, Alabama, for 25 years. I currently work with ABC, MADD, ALEA and county district attorneys providing middle and high school students information and testimonial reasons for abstaining from alcohol and drugs. I also served one term in the Alabama House and three terms in the Senate as Republican Majority Whip, as well as chair or co-chair of various committees. As a staunch pro-life and pro-Second Amendment conservative, I served my district in a commonsense conservative manner that led to me being unopposed for reelection twice.
Just as I have proven throughout my service, I pledge to serve you and only you as state auditor. This role keeps account of your taxpayer-funded state property and will also see me serve as a member of the Board of Adjustments. Selecting members of the County Board of Registrars is a duty that has never been as critical as today due to the importance of having secure ballots on Election Day. Each voter should have the confidence that their vote will be accurately counted. I pledge to diligently take up this selection process in a manner that supports the integrity of Alabama’s elections.
I have been married to my wife, Connie, for 31 years. We have two daughters and sons-in-laws along with two grandsons. We are active members of Wilmer Baptist Church.
Known educational history for Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL.
- MA, History, University of South Alabama, 1999
- MEd, Secondary Education, University of South Alabama, 1997
- BS, Secondary Education, University of South Alabama, 1989
- AA, Secondary Education, Faulkner State Community College, 1986
Known political history for Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL.
- Candidate, Lieutenant Governor of Alabama, 2018
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 34, 2006-2018
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, 2002-2006
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, 2002
Known professional history for Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL.
- High School History Teacher, present
Known congressional history for Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL.
- State Senator, Republican Senate Caucus, 2006-2010
- State Representative, Republican House Caucus, 2002-2006
- Former Member, Finance and Taxation Education Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Confirmations Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Rules Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on Homeland Security, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Historical Records Advisory Board Legislative Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Mobile County Committee, Alabama State Senate
Known organizational history for Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL.
- Member, Wilmer Baptist Church, present
- Board Member, MARC, 2006-present
- Member, Gideons International, 2000-present
- Member, Mobile County Republican Century Club
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, National Right to Life
- Member, Christian Educators of America
- Member, Alabama Republican Assembly
- Member, Alabama Eagle Forum
- Member, University of South Alabama Alumni Association
Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Rusty Glover has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Rusty Glover from Semmes, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Rusty Glover? Do you have an opinion on Rusty Glover? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.
|No articles or news have been published on Rusty Glover.|