- Location: Gadsden, AL - Etowah County
- Birthday: Birthday Missing
- BS, University of South Alabama
- Graduate, United States Army Command and General Staff College
- Graduate, United States Army Combined Arms and Service Staff School
- JD, Birmingham School of Law
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 10, 2010-2018
- Chief Operations Officer/General Counsel, Tax Credit Processing Center Limited Liability Company, present
- Area Director, YoungLife
- Chief Operating Officer/Chief Counsel, TaxBreak Limited Liability Company
- Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army Reserve
- Managing Partner/Attorney, Brunson and Associates
- President, Professional Employer Organization
- Former Member, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Rules Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Judiciary Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Governmental Affairs Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Constitution, Ethics, and Elections Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Transportation Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Finances and Budget, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Municipal Government Committee of the Legislature, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Prison Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee to Award the Legislative Medal of Honor for Law Enforcement Officers, Alabama State Senate
- Board Member, Mercy's Hope, present
- Board Member, Salvation Army Gadsden, AL, present
- Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars, present
- Member, National Guard Association
- Member, Alabama Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Professional Employer Organizations, Public Relations Committee
- Member, Military Officer's Association of America
- Member, Kiwanis Club of Gadsen
- Member, Etowah County Republican Party
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, National Association of Professional Employer Organizations
No Sponsored Bills
Bail bonds, Alabama Bail Bond Regulatory Act, regulation of further provided for, Professional Bail Bonding Board created, licensure of bondsmen and recovery agents, continuing education,
Insurance, Dept. of Insurance, Strengthen Alabama Homes Program, to maintain confidential documents, materials, and other information submitted by property owners, Sec. 27-31E-3 am'd.
Homeowner's Insurance, companies writing to offer fortified bronze roof endorsement upgrading home to fortified standard when roof damage requires roof to be replaced, Sec. 27-31D-4 added.
Hunting, authorize the taking of whitetail deer or feral swine by means of bait, when baiting privilege license is purchased, under certain conditions, Sec. 9-11-244 am'd.
Insurance, Commissioner of Insurance authorized to create educational and informational programs, hurricanes and nonhurricane wind and hail added to list of perils insurers required to provide in writing homeowners insurance, Secs. 27-2-7, 27-22-21 am'd.
Hunting, authorize the taking of whitetail deer or feral swine by means of bait, when baiting privilege license is purchased, Chronic Wasting Disease Management Zones authorized, Commissioner of Dept. of Consv. and Nat'l Res. to establish, Sec. 9-11-244 am'd.
Motor vehicles, distinctive license plates, provide for "person with autism" motor vehicle plate
Alabama Justice Information Center, duties and responsibilities, ratify Crime Prevention Act compact, authorize commission to adopt rules and set fees for ALEA to do background checks for noncriminal purposes, Secs. 41-9-650 to 41-9-652, inclusive, added; Secs. 41-9-597, 41-9-622, 41-9-629 repealed; Secs. 41-9-590 to 41-9-595, inclusive, 41-9-621, 41-9-623, 41-9-625, 41-9-637 am'd.
Indigent Defense Advisory Boards, immunity for board members, annual meetings required, governing rules to be adopted by the Office of Indigent Defense Services, Sec. 15-12-4 am'd.
Custodial sexual misconduct, crimes further defined, community corrections program, alcohol or drug abuse court referral and treatment program included, Secs. 14-11-30, 14-11-31 am'd.
Cherokee Co., sheriff authorized to sell certain abandoned, unclaimed, or stolen property, and firearms, notice, record keeping requirement, distribution of funds for law enforcement purposes
Ad valorem tax, evidence of comparable sales or leases inadmissible in taxpayer appeals from rulings of boards of equalization fixing value of commercial property, Sec. 40-3-27 added