- July 25, 1955 63
- MPA, University of Alabama-Birmingham, 1994
- BS, University of Kentucky, 1980
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 54, 2006-2018
- Associate Director, AIDS Alabama, 2004-present
- Program Director, Central Alabama Women's Business Center, 2001-2004
- Owner, One on One Computer Training, 1999-2001
- Staff, Bill Baxley for Governor, 1986
- Delegate, Democratic National Convention, 2004
- Member, State Democratic Executive Committee, 1986-1990
- Founder, Alabama Chapter, Stonewall Democrats
- Former Member, Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Alabama Commission to Reduce Poverty, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Education Policy Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Board Member, Alabama Moving Image Association, present
- Board Member, Greater Birmingham Ministries, present
- Board Member, Equality Alabama, 2005
- President, Stonewall Democrats-Alabama, 2005
- Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Member, League of Women Voters
- Board Member, Episcopal Place
- Secretary, Crestwood South Neighborhood Association
- Secretary, Episcopal Church Women at Grace Episcopal Woodlawn
No Sponsored Bills
Constitution, Legislature authorized to recompile constitution and submit at 2022 Reg. Sess., and provide for its ratification, const. amend.
Water Resources Act, coordination of plans relating to water allocation required, restrictions of use under certain conditions, award of conservation credits to certain consumers, Alabama Water Security and Conservation Act, Secs. 9-10B-31, 9-10B-32 added; Secs. 9-10B-2, 9-10B-3, 9-10B-20, 9-10B-22, 9-10B-23, 9-10B-24 am'd.
Mortgages, fee increase for recording of mortgages, deeds of trust, distribution of proceeds to Alabama Housing Trust Fund, Sec. 40-22-2 am'd.
Marijuana, possession of, penalties revised, quantities included, possession of marijuana in third degree created, Secs. 13A-12-214.4, 13A-12-214.5 added; Secs. 13A-12-213, 13A-12-214 am'd.
Alabama School of Fine Arts, commended, on its 50th anniversary.