- Candidate (Link)
Bill Hightower Info
- Location: Mobile, AL - Mobile County
- Birthday: September 18, 2020
- MBA, Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University, 1990
- Attended, London School of Economics & Political Science, London, England
- BS, Commercial Banking/Finance, University of South Alabama
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, Alabama, District 1, 2020
- Candidate, Governor of Alabama, 2018
- Representative, Alabama State Senate, District 35, 2013-2018
- Former Employee, Balfour-Beatty
- Former Employee, AlliedSignal
- Former Employee, Emerson Electric
- Former Employee, Eaton
- Former Member, Rules Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Mobile County Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Constitution, Ethics, and Elections Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Banking and Insurance Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Finances and Budget, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, New National Veterans Cemetery Joint Legislative Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, International Airport Permanent Legislative Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Housing Finance Authority Legislative Oversight Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Board Member, Nuture Equip Strengthen Transform (NEST), present
- Member, Executive Committee, Alabama Republican Party, present
- Member, Executive Committee, Mobile Republican Party, present
- Member, National Rifle Association (NRA), present
- Advisory Board Member, Outback America
- Board Member, JH Ranch
- Board Member, Bethany Christian Adoption Services
- Corporate Chair, United Way
- Counsel Member, Alabama State Health Planning Counsel
- Member, Tax & Fiscal Policy Task Force, American Legislative Exchange Council
- President, Toastmasters International
- AL-01: Kiani Gardner Endorsed By Elizabeth Warren
- AL-01: Kiani Gardner Endorsed by National Women’s Political Caucus
- Al-01 Candidate Jerry Carl Suspends Campaign Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak
- Chris Pringle: White Straight Southern Christian Conservatives Under Attack
- AL-01 Candidate Bill Hightower Releases First TV Ad Touting Christian Beliefs
- Jerry Carl Releases First TV Ad In AL-01 Republican Race
- John Castorani Announces Bid For Alabama First Congressional District
- Alabama Officials React to Trump Impeachment Inquiry
Bill Hightower Election History
No Sponsored Bills
No Sponsored Bills
Taxation, individual and corporate tax structure revised, specific tax rate, reduction of rate under certain conditions, const. amend.
Relating to state owned lands; to further provide for sale of state owned land and surplus state-owned land; to provide for inventory of state-owned lands, Secs. 9-15-70, 9-15-74, 9-15-75, 9-15-76, 9-15-80, 9-15-82, 9-15-83, 9-15-84, 41-4-18 am'd.
Taxation, corporate income tax rate reduction trigger, Amendment 212, Constitution of Alabama of 1901, am'd, const. amend.
Immigration, crime to aid or enable violation of immigration law, state, municipalities, or counties, Class C felony, Sec. 31-13-5 am'd.
State government, public funds, jurisdiction of Board of Adjustment further provided for, use of state or public funds being paid toward any claim alleging sexual harassment or sexual assault prohibited, Sec. 41-9-62 am'd.
Trailers, manufacturers and dealers, including boat trailers, add'l authorization to provide temporary license plates and registration certificates when sold out of state, Sec. 32-6-212 am'd.
General appropriations bill to include expenses for public postsecondary education and public institutions of higher education, const. amend.
Tax credits, exemptions, deductions, enacted in 2019 Reg. Sess., or thereafter, expiration within seven years from effective date, const. amend.
Term limits, members of Senate and House of Representatives limited to three consecutive full terms, const. amend.
Republic of Korea, host of the 2018 XXIII Winter Olympic Games and XII Winter Paralympic Games, recognized
Pornography, public health crisis, recognized
U.S. Senator Doug Jones, disapproving the vote of, on the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, condemning vote against
Pregnancy care centers, contributions of, recognized
Sexual Harassment, adopting Legislative Policy on