Representative Christopher J. England was born and raised in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He received his B.A. in English and B.A. in Political Science from Howard University in 1999. He then graduated with a Juris Doctorate from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2002. After graduating from Law School, he went to work for the Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s office as an Assistant District Attorney. In 2004, he left the District Attorney’s Office to begin working in the Office of the City Attorney for the City of Tuscaloosa where he currently serves as an Associate City Attorney.
Representative Christopher J. England was first elected to the Alabama House of Representatives in November of 2006 at the age of 29. He is serving his fourth term and currently serves on the House Judiciary, Insurance, and Public Safety and Homeland Security Committees in the Alabama Legislature. He serves as the Caucus Chair of the Alabama House Democratic Caucus. He is also the current Vice President of the Alabama Law Institute. His other Legislative committees and appointments include Vice Chair of the Tuscaloosa County Legislative Delegation, member of the Governor’s Study Group on Criminal Justice Policy, member of the Energy Council, member of the Contract Review Permanent Legislative Oversight Committee, member of the Joint Legislative Prison Committee, and a member of the Permanent Legislative Committee on Reapportionment.
On November 2nd, 2019, Representative England was elected to serve as the Chair of the Alabama Democratic Party becoming the first African American to hold the position in Alabama history.
Locally, Representative England serves on the Tuscaloosa Road Improvement Commission. He serves as the co-chair for the Elevate Tuscaloosa Advisory, is a member of the Police Athletic League and serves on the Tuscaloosa Safe Center Board of Directors.
He is married to Shea and they have three beautiful children; Kennedi, Autumn and CJ.
Known contact information for Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 539-BMontgomery, AL 36130-2950
- Phone: 334-261-0503
- Official Email: [email protected]
Known educational history for Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL.
- JD, University of Alabama, 1999-2002
- BA, Political Science/English, Howard University, 1999
Known political history for Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 70, 2022
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 70, 2006-present
Known congressional history for Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Committee on Homeland Security Oversight, Alabama State House of Representatives
- Former Vice Chair, Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama State House of Representatives
Known organizational history for Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Member, Bailey Tabernacle CME Church, Tuscaloosa, present
- Member, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated, present
- Member, Board of Directors, PRIDE, present
- Member, Board of Directors, Police Athletic League, present
Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Chris England has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Chris England from Tuscaloosa, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Chris England? Do you have an opinion on Chris England? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.