Representative Terri Collins was raised in Birmingham and earned a Marketing degree from The University of Alabama. She and her husband, Tom Collins, moved to Decatur in 1982 and raised their three children. She is active in church, schools and Bible studies. Terri enjoyed 16 years in banking as Vice President of Marketing and Sales before the election to the House of Representatives in 2010.
Terri serves on Education Ways and Means Committee and serves as Chair of the Education Policy Committee. She also serves as Chair of the Tennessee Valley Caucus. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Volunteer Center of Morgan County, Quality Education Committee with The Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce, and Decatur Morgan Hospital Foundation. She is a founding member of the Women’s Leadership Council in Decatur.
She was appointed to the Women’s Commission, Chair of the School Safety Advisory Commission, and the Education Committee of the Southern Legislative Conference (SLC) by the Speaker of the House. She was also appointed by the Governor to serve on Alabama Workforce Development Board, Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) and is Chair-elect, and Chair of the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board.
Known contact information for Terri Collins from Decatur, AL.
- 11 South Union Street, Room 427-A
- Montgomery, AL 36130-2950
- Official Email: email@example.com
Known educational history for Terri Collins from Decatur, AL.
- Bachelor's, Marketing, University of Alabama, 1980
Known political history for Terri Collins from Decatur, AL.
- Candidate, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 8, 2022
- Representative, Alabama State House of Representatives, District 8, 2010-present
Known professional history for Terri Collins from Decatur, AL.
- Former Vice President of Marketing and Sales, First American Bank
- Owner, TLC Solutions
Known organizational history for Terri Collins from Decatur, AL.
- Member, Commission on Women and Girls in the Criminal Justice System, present
- Member, Community Board of Princess Theatre, present
- Member, Board of Directors for the Volunteer Center of Morgan County, present
- Member, Quality Education Committee, Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce, present
- Member, Friends of Alabama Archives, present
- Member, Workforce Investment Board, present
- Member, Women's Commission, present
- Bible Study Leader, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church
- Chair, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board
- Chair, American Legislative Council Exchange
- Former Board Member, Sav-A-Life
- Founding Member, Women's Leadership Council with United Way
- Member, Alabama Office of Education and Workforce Statistic Advisory Board
- Member, Trails Commission
- Member, Every Student Succeeds Act Taskforce
- Member, Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Education Committee of the Southern Legislative Conference
- Member, Southern Regional Education Board
- Member, Decatur Morgan Hospital Foundation
Terri Collins from Decatur, AL has participated in elections listed below in the state of Alabama.
View legislative bills that Terri Collins has sponsored.
The below links are relevant to Terri Collins from Decatur, AL and are articles or opinion pieces published on Bama Politics. Are you Terri Collins? Do you have an opinion on Terri Collins? Publish an article in our opinion section and your article will appear here. A great way for our visitors to find your content and learn more about your views. Use this contact form to find out how.