- Location: Anniston, AL - Calhoun County
- Birthday: September 2, 1956 63
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 722
- Montgomery, AL 36130-4600
- Graduated, Industrial Management/Business, Auburn University, 1980
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 12, 2018
- President Pro Tempore, Alabama State Senate, 2011-present
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 12, 1998-present
- Director, Southern States Bank, present
- Director, Colonial Bank in Anniston, present
- Owner, Aerospace Coatings International, 1991-present
- Former Chair, Tourism and Marketing Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Shelby County, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Mobile County, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Jefferson County, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, County and Municipal Government, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Local Legislation Madison County, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Judiciary Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Legislative Fiscal Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Member, Greater Anniston Business and Professional Organization, present
- Member, Grace Episcopal Church
- Kiani Gardner: Stop Electing Career Politicians Who Care More About Their Political Careers Than Alabama Lives
- AL Sen. Del Marsh Says He Wants More COVID-19 Cases In Order To Get Immunity From Virus
- Our Weaknesses Are Laid Bare
- The Emperor’s New Mask
- Alabama Republican Legislators Seek To Divert COVID-19 Federal Aid To Build New Prison, State House Building
- AL Democratic Chair Rips Legislative Leadership Over Plans To Reconvene
- Alabama Creates Coronavirus Task Force
- ALFA Voices Support For Amendment One; Urges Alabamians to Vote “Yes”
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Bill Passes Committee
- Kay Ivey: State Of The State Address
Municipalities, provide that any Class 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 municipality that does not create and adopt a municipal plan is ineligible for Alabama Dept. of Economic and Community Affairs grants, Sec. 11-52-2 am'd.
Education, Alabama Commission on Elementary and Secondary Education, Governor required to consult with all minority caucuses when appointing members to the commission, contingent effective date
Public K-12 Education, State Board of Education renamed the Alabama Commission on Elementary and Secondary Education, members appointed by Governor, State Superintendent of Education renamed as the Secretary of Elementary and Secondary Education, secretary appointed by commission, Governor to appoint team to advise commission on functions and duties of St. Dept. of Edu., const. amend.
Permanent Joint Transportation Committee, membership, Sec. 29-2-2 am'd.
Constitution of Alabama of 1901, proposed state and local constitutional amendment, and state and local referendums shall be held at statewide primary or general election, const. amend.
Alabama School Choice and Student Opportunity Act, local revenue projections provided for charter school applicants, terms for amt of local revenue following child from non-charter public to public charter school provided, Sec. 16-6F-10 am'd.
Common Core Curriculum Standards, terminated, prior courses of study to be implemented
Domestic animals, person who rescues from vehicle, immunity from liability under certain circumstances
Taxation, check-off contribution to State Park Division of the Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources, Dept. of Mental Health or the Alabama Medicaid Agency, Sec. 40-18-140 am'd.
Anniston, council-manager, city council, transfer of appropriations, Act 404, 1953 Reg. Sess., am'd; Sec. 45-8A-23.176 am'd.
Calhoun Co., Alexandria, license commissioner and revenue commissioner, branch office, funding by co. gen. fund, other branch office authorized
Ethics, Alabama Ethics Act, Secs. 36-25-3.1, 36-25-3.2, 36-25-3.3, 36-25-4.4, 36-25-7.1, 36-25-7.2 added; Secs. 36-25-1, 36-25-2, 36-25-3, 36-25-4, 36-25-4.2, 36-25-5, 36-25-5.1, 36-25-7, 36-25-8, 36-25-9, 36-25-10, 36-25-11, 36-25-12, 36-25-13, 36-25-14, 36-25-15, 36-25-17, 36-25-18, 36-25-19, 36-25-23, 36-25-24, 36-25-26, 36-25-27am'd; Sections 36-25-1.1 and 36-25-6 repealed
Blackwell, Senator Slade, distinguished legislative service, commended
Sandord, Senator Paul, distinguished legislative service, commended
Sanders, Senator Hank, distinguished legislative service, commended
Williams, Senator Phillip W., distinguished legislative service, commended
Smith, Senator Harri Anne, distinguished legislative service, commended
Hightower, Senator Bill, distinguished legislative service, commended
Dial, Senator Gerald, distinguished legislative service, commended
Pittman, Senator Lee "Trip", distinguished legislative service, commended
Glover, Senator Rusty, distinguished legislative service, commended
Holtzclaw, Senator William L., distinguished legislative service, commended
Brewbaker, Senator Dick, distinguished legislative service, commended
Income tax, individuals, standard deduction increased based on certain adjusted gross income for, Sec. 40-18-15 am'd.
State of Character, Alabama redesignated
Aronov, Josephine Ilyssa, commended
Pittman, Senator Trip, honorary designation
Senators Linda Coleman-Madison, Priscilla Dunn, Vivian Davis Figures, and Harri Anne Smith, highly honored and recognized
Public Accounts, Legislative Committee convening