- June 5, 1965 54
- 11 South Union Street, Suite 726
- Montgomery, AL 36130-4600
- Attended, Bevill State Community College
- BS, Business and Marketing, University of Alabama
- Candidate, Alabama State Senate, District 5, 2018
- Senator, Alabama State Senate, District 5, 2010-present
- Vice President, Preferred Medical Systems, present
- Former Employee, General Electric Healthcare
- Former Employee, National Cash Register
- Former Deputy Chair, Health and Human Services Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Judiciary Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Confirmations Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Former Member, Banking and Insurance Committee, Alabama State Senate
- Member, Jasper Rotary Club, present
- Member and Sunday School Teacher, First Baptist Church of Jasper, present
No Sponsored Bills
Education, public K-12, buses, local boards of education authorized to sell advertising space on buses, prohibit certain types of advertising
Motor vehicles, oversized vehicle permits, annual commercial wrecker emergency tow permit, provided, Sec. 32-9-29 am'd.
Advisory Board to the State Health Officer, authorize to meet by electronic means and establish rules of procedures for meetings, Sec. 22-21-27 am'd.
Nursing, Board of, allow board to enter into the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, Secs. 34-21-20.01, 34-21-120 to 34-21-130, inclusive, added; Secs. 34-21-1, 34-21-2, 34-21-21, 34-21-22, 34-21-25 am'd.
Nursing, Board of, loan repayment program for advanced-practice nurses, loan program authorized for certain currently certified nurses, Sec. 34-21-96 am'd.
Health care, Alabama Rural Hospital Resource Center, created, within Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham, staffing and reporting requirements, rural administrative residency program, created
University of Alabama, Board of Trustees, congressional districts for membership as constituted on 1/1/2018, State Superintendent of Education removed from membership, age restriction of 70 deleted, Section 264 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, am'd, const. amend.
Psychology Professional Wellness Committee, established within Psychology Examiners board to provide intervention services to impaired licensed professionals, duties, immunity provided, Sec. 34-26-4 added
Inmates, counties, jails, to provide certain items including health care, fees set, Sec. 14-6-19 am'd.
Board of Pharmacy, employment of executive secretary and attorneys with specific experience and training qualifications authorized, Secs. 34-23-90, 34-23-93 am'd.
Association of Former Members of the Alabama Legislature, created, board of directors, executive director, and staff provided for, participation of employees in SEHIP and ERS